Shane caresses it's ears and got a scratch.

"Ouch! You are as feisty as ever!"

If he remembered correctly, this was his cat.

Chad is a cat lover. He adopted this stray cat one day when he found it in this back alley.

Shane and him got into a quarrel for few days. The cat was mean in his opinion. He won't let him pet him. Always left piss on his couch. Troublesome pet.

Chad only took the cat away when they broke up. Leaving everything else behind.

Shane goes back into the kitchen. He stares to the battlefield kitchen. The waitress is sweeping the floor.

Mark is busy wiping the kitchen counter. The guy keeps cursing the cat for ruining his domain.

Shane grabs a bottle of milk from the fridge.

He comments, "I'll pay this later."

Chad spoiled his cat too much. Always the best thing for him. Another reason for their endless quarrel.

When Chad died, Shane visited his junky shack. He took it home. This cat was the only one who accompanied him in his small apartment.

He only hoped someone found the cat after he died from the crash.

Shane opens the bottle and pours the milk into a small bowl. The cat stares him again for a long time.

"Go ahead. Drink it. I didn't have bad habit of poisoning stray cats."

It looks like he finally bought the cat's affection with the milk. The cat doesn't scratch him anymore when he caresses its head.

"Whisker, we meet again. Guess it's fate. Could you help me? Let's melt his heart together."

He caresses its skinny body. Practically furs and bones here. He remembered the cat was very fat when it lived in their home. Chad pampered it too much.

"You got fleas! No worries. I covered your back, buddy. Let me buy shampoo and wash you up. Make your furs shiny again. Attractive to all the kitties. Yeah, sound good for you?"

The cat purrs as it's reply.

Two hours later...

A mile away from that spot.

Chad looks at his expensive watch. He remembers this date very well. It is the date when the extortion started. He remembers the date and time well.

That day, Shane was walking home from work after his shift ended.

A stray puppy suddenly ran to the road. Shane is a dog lover. His body reacted on instincts. He dashed and saved the puppy.

Chad's driver turned the steering wheel to avoid him. Ended up crashing their car to another car.

The driver was okay. Chad wasn't so lucky. His side got crashed by another car from behind. He suffered mild head concussion. Several cuts from broken window glasses.

Chad blew the case big. He knew Shane got no money to repay him. He extorted him to be his boyfriend. As compensation.

Chad smiles bitterly. He orders his driver to move.

It's showtime.

He could see Shane is walking home as usual.

It's almost time. The puppy would show up anytime now.

The car has passed the spot. No puppy. No car accident.

Chad frowns.

Maybe his rebirth has created butterfly effect. Changing events.

If the accident didn't happen, he couldn't blackmailed Shane to be his boyfriend.

Maybe this is for the best. In this world, he could finally avoid Shane. His mind is telling him it's for the best. His heart won't stop denying it. Kept wishing they could be together again.

They argued too much in the past. Because he is immature and too impulsive. Shane kept getting disappointed to him.

Chad inhales deep breath. His eyes reddened. It's time to say goodbye to the past.

Shane stops walking and he stares the car moving away. He smirks.

The accident hasn't happened. He has feared something else might occur and Chad would still get hurt.

I rather hurt myself than seeing Chad got hurt. He blackmailed me to be his boyfriend in the past. We don't need the car crash. I will win his heart this time.

Shane continues walking home. He has searched and found the stray puppy few days ago.

One of his neighbors just lost his dog, died from old age. He sent the puppy to the family. They are very happy to receive the mutt.

Chad doesn't like dogs. He prefers cats. Maybe because he really resembles a cat.

Shane smiles when he remembers Chad couldn't eat food in hot condition. The guy got cat tongue.

"Wait for me, Chad. We will be to soon. I promise. In this life, I won't let you leave me again."

He makes the vow while staring the car until it disappeared from his sight.

--------------------------------------------
Please vote and comment