chapter twenty-four ; time travel and tacos

Start from the beginning

This situation couldn't get any worse, right?

"I don't want a picture with them." Scott huffed like a child.

Well, apparently it could.

Bruce tried to guilt trip him. "He's gonna feel bad," He turned to the man before him. "Sorry, they said they'd do it."

"I don't want it anymore." He definitely did.

"No, no... you feel bad."

"Just take the goddamn phone."

A girl, who looked to be in her early teens, walked up to Pietro and Dahlia. She seemed to be the older sister to the three kids, who was previously uninterested with the scene until she spotted the two. "You're Quicksilver and Belladonna, right? You're the superhero couple? I read about you in my magazine."

"Huh, I don't know," Pietro turned to Dahlia with a smirk. "Are we a superhero couple? I don't think we've ever said that to the press."

"Well, seeing as we live together and have said 'I love you' millions of times, yeah, I'd say so," Dahlia rolled her eyes and looked at the girl. "Don't worry, darling, he's just being dumb. Yeah, that's us. Can I help you with something?"

"Oh, no, I just wanted to say that you're really an inspiration for me... for all young girls, really. It's cool to see a superhero who's just a person... you know? No offense." She turned and said that last bit to Pietro.

"Yeah, none taken. It's not Dahlia's fault she's so much cooler than me." Pietro kissed her on the forehead.

The girl smiled once more and walked back towards her family, leaving the Avengers to talk about the matter at hand. Bruce was still calling after the young kids.

"Dab!" Bruce yelled, awkwardly moving his arms into a dabbing motion.

"Bruce." Steve was trying to get him back on track, but he was still distracted.

"Listen to your Mom, she knows better."

Steve cleared his throat. "About what we were saying."

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's outside my area of expertise." Bruce looked upset that he couldn't help further but it was the truth.

"Well, you pulled this off," Natasha started carefully. "I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too."

"Okay, so I totally wasn't paying attention to this whole conversation, so what's happening? Am I going to star in a badass time heist or what?" Dahlia grinned and propped her legs up on the table, but after a look from Steve, put them back on the ground.

"Well, I think that's up to Bruce." Natasha said, and they all turned to him, looking expectantly.

He looked as if he was contemplating it, and Dahlia took this as a good sign.

"Alright. It's insane, and could possibly end up killing us all, but okay. I'll do it."

"Fuck yeah!" Dahlia cheered.

Bruce's jaw went slack when he noticed the three kids, still standing in earshot.

Dahlia's eyes widened.

"I mean... Uh- Fudge yeah!"

"Nice save."

"Why, thank you."

"So, you're telling me that you can summon an army of ants to do whatever you want?"