𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐 | 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐔𝐏

Start from the beginning

"So what happened up there?" Ginny and Max smirked. "Nothing, we spoke, he jumped out the window and now I'm back here. C'mon let's go, we're gonna be late."

——————————————

"Dude, I am so stressed. I have hives in really annoying places. It's not fun. And the thought of volunteering with EDCO, on top of homework and school and rehearsal makes me wanna chop myself up into hamburger meat."

"I feel you. Between soccer, 3SB, and tutoring, I'm burnt out."

"Shit, you guys are so scheduled." "Not really, just normal."

Max shrugged, "Just stuff you have to do for college, which is pointless anyway since a psychology degree will be useless when the planet implodes in 30 years. Volunteering in Peru and winning a mock business proposal competition.."?

"She's talking about me," Hunter boasted. "I did those things."

"What extracurriculars have you done?" Ginny turned to Max.

"Jesus. Uhm... flute, french, piano, field hockey, basketball, soccer, tap, ballet, hip-hop, jazz, pottery, karate and theatre." Max smiled, leaving Ginny gaping.

"Y/N, what about you?" Hunter looked at me.

"Well, at my old school, I did dance, maths and orchestra, and here, I'm doing leadership."

"You're doing leadership?"

"Settle down! Settle down! Seats, please. I have an announcement. We are going to be submitting to the National Junior Pulitzer Essay Contest. The theme is, "Where do you feel you most belong?" I will choose one of you to proceed to the regional competition. It's perfect for college applications. Yeah, Maxine?"

"What if the only place you even felt like you belong is in a dark room watching The Office? Do you still have to write the essay?" "Yes." Max sighed, head thudding the table.

I raised my hand, "What happens if you don't write the essay?"

"You fail my class and I'll be seeing you again next year." He smirked, trying to intimidate me.

"Oh, okay." I shrugged.

Class breezed by, my mind focused on the essay. Feeling like you belong was a sacred feeling, not one you would get from moving around every 6 months. Being the new kid at school wasn't easy, seeing others greet their friends that they've known their whole lives and you're just there. Standing to the side, lonely.

But, hey, you get used to it after the first few years.

Strolling down the hallway, Hunter and Ginny were in their own little conversation, me walking besides them. Ginny was panicking about her extracurriculars, worried that she's never taken the time to do any. With my extra's and grades, I wasn't worried about college.

We walked up to Berry Tree, the rest of the boys in their own conversation.

"Well, well, well, look who it is." Brodie giggled. I sighed, sitting down next to Press, who acknowledged me with a nod. I nodded back, not bothering to engage in Brodie's clownery.

"Hey," He poked me, "Why're you ignoring me? I thought we were friends." I snarled, pushing him away from me.

"Seen Norah anywhere? I feel like she's been, like, really MIA. Not as MIA as Max, who has utterly disappeared." Abby paced towards us.