11 - give you something

Start from the beginning

Me: I can't see you yet, I'm sorry

Luke: why not?

Luke: please Jordan, it'll be fun I promise

Luke: please let's hang out

Me: will Calum be there?

Luke: yes but I promise he'll be good

Me: he's so mean

Luke: he won't be

Me: I'm sorry, I'm feeling kind of sick

Me: Luke? Please don't be mad at me

Me: I'm sorry

I guess I should tell you a little bit about my first 5 Seconds of Summer concert. Well, my only 5 Seconds of Summer concert.

It all started when one of my best friends, Maddie Houston, started dating Ashton Irwin.

The two of them met on Twitter about six months ago. Maddie was given tickets to the concert for her birthday and decided to bring Henry, my other best friend, with her.

The two of them always hang out. I wasn't that sad when I wasn't invited, I always say no whenever they ask me to go places. But for some reason, I wanted to go to this concert.

So, I used money that I had saved up from babysitting to buy a ticket. We all went to the concert and it was great. I felt pretty special afterwards when we were allowed backstage.

It started off okay. To be honest, I was a little uncomfortable. But when am I not? Maddie was completely oblivious to everyone as soon as Ashton met up with us. I'm jealous of them.

I sat down while they cuddled together in the dressing room. Henry was having a conversation with Michael, that made me happy. Henry is gay, by the way. He loves boys and boys only.

But none of this is why I felt uncomfortable. It wasn't because Maddie or Henry forgot about me once they had someone more interesting to talk to. And it wasn't because Luke Hemmings would not stop staring at me.

No, it was because the all knowing Calum Hood stated his opinion of me in front of everyone. I never had a favorite guy in the band. Maddie and Henry always asked me, I just never had one.

But that night, I found my answer. Luke Hemmings was my favorite and Calum Hood was my least favorite.

I know most fans don't have a least favorite. That it means I'm not really a fan, but that's okay.

Remember how Luke said that his band made up a game? I'm not interested in the details of this so called game, that's why I haven't talked about it with Luke anymore. I just know what he told me; they used girls.

Anyway, when they started talking about this game after the concert, Luke moved closer to me on the couch. I could feel Calum watching us and I remember wondering, why does he keep glaring at me? What did I do to him?

"Go out in the hall with me," Luke said gently. I nodded, perfectly fine with leaving the room.

We were almost out of the room, just a few more steps and things would've been okay. But they weren't.

I heard Calum laugh obnoxiously and then he said, "Sweetie, he doesn't want you. Maybe try and dress a little better and a guy might some day."

I was embarrassed more than anything. I hadn't even considered Luke liking me. He was just being nice and taking me out of the uncomfortable situation. But the worst part about what Calum said is that he's completely right.