Seventy one

•all i'm saying😏😏•

•all i'm saying😏😏

————————————————

"Auntie Mermaid is crazy," Erin whispered to Archie, pushing him in the pram as she tried to find the room Meredith had paged her to. "She really, really is. We should be at home watching the Muppets with a big fat plate of nachos for me to eat, but I insisted on staying to wait for Arizona," Erin said. She scanned the door numbers and pushed the right one open.

Meredith was sat on top of a table, Zola on her lap while they played with toys. Meredith looked up once the door closed shut behind Erin.

"I think I stole a baby," she said guiltily.

"Crazy," Erin repeated.

"Okay, so, this is why the social worker was paging Derek in surgery?" Erin said, pacing up and down the room.

"Yes," Meredith said. "Because I raised red flags when I talked to her after I got fired and then Derek freaked out on me and then I thought they were gonna take Zola so I took Zola. I think I stole a baby," Meredith said.

"You stole your baby. And we can figure something out. We always figure things out," Erin said. "Sure, you might've been a bit silly not answering your phone or pager but you got fired. Your pager is gonna be found on a nurses desk that I will strategically hide and say that you turned in when you were fired. Your phone, that's gonna be in my baby bag in the resident's lounge because I've left mine at home and I needed to use yours to make a phone call to my bank," Erin said. "Bullshit, it's gonna be fine," Erin said.

"Yeah, okay. Okay," Meredith whispered.

"Okay, so, that's that covered. Now, where you and Zola are. We need a reason for where you guys are," Erin said.

The door burst open and Cristina burst in.

"I almost killed Alex," she cried.

"Is he alive?" Erin asked.

"It was the Gunther. Everything was moving too fast and he got an epi instead of her. He's under observation now," Cristina said.

"That's it. That's it!" Erin gasped. "Mind my baby. Don't steal it!" she pointed at Meredith, running out of the room.

"You stole a baby?" Cristina asked.

"She's my baby," Meredith rubbed Zola's back.

"Alex!" Erin burst into the room he was in.

"Erin?" Alex frowned, sitting up in his bed.

"You love me, right? And you want to make up for what you did to my sister?" Erin said.

"Yeah, why?" he said.

"I need a favour," she said.

"What's going on?" he said.