Girl I'm too young & fine to die..

"Zaylani" she calls.

"Yes?" I respond hesitantly.

"Look."

She holds up a picnic basket.

"Oh shit." I mumble.

I hopped out the car in a very chipper manner cuz hey, who still alive? Me bitch. AND I get a picnic with Nique. It really can't get any better.

Nique's POV

When I showed Zaylani the picnic basket she immediately got out the car with a smile. She's so cute.

"You believe me now?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Mm..open the basket." She responds. 

I sigh lightly and open the basket revealing all the food I bought and her eyes light up. Inside the basket I packed sushi, wings and wedge fries for food and hot cheetos, sugar cookies and pastries for snacks/dessert. I also bought Fanta.

"Ouuu, let's go let's go I'm hungry now."

I laugh and lead her to a clearing with a lake view. 

I'm setting up the picnic blanket and I notice Zaylani looking at the view in awe.

She's looking at the lake but I'm looking at her. The sun is falling on her at an angle, making her skin glow and her eyes even more brown than before. Now we're both staring in awe. 

She's beautiful.

She looks over and I immediately look down and continued setting the picnic up. I hear her laugh and my face immediately getshot. I know I'm flushed. 

Embarrassing.

"Caught you lackin there huh?" She says laughing.

"Yo shut upp" I reply laughing with her. "Ain't my fault you're stunning."

Zaylani cheesed.

"Oh stop it." She says, looking away shyly.

"I'm only tellin the truth ma." I say shrugging.

She tries and fails to keep herself from smiling.

"Yea yea whatever. Just set up the picnic I'm hungry." Zaylani retorts playfully.

I lift my hands up in surrender.

"Aight, aight" I say and finish setting up.

I pat the pillow I brought for her indicating her to sit down.

A/N: ^Closest thing I could find to what I imagined minus that boring ass food & that ugly ass hat

A/N: ^Closest thing I could find to what I imagined minus that boring ass food & that ugly ass hat. Honestly jus look at the setting & not the picnic cuz.

Zaylani sits on her pillow looking at everything and lets out a breath.

I frown.

"Do you not like it? If you don't we ca-" 

She cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug and I immediately feel myself getting flushed again.

"I love it." she whispers

"Uh-" I say flustered, "I'm glad you do ma."

I'm guessing she heard my the surprise in my voice and she let me go quickly.

"Uh my bad.." she says, obviously embarrassed.

"Nah you good, I was just caught off guard." I say. "You can hug me all you want." I add with a small smirk.

Zaylani smiles a little.

"It's just that no one has really done anything like this for me so I'm a bit overwhelmed." She explains.

"Well, you'll get used to it fuckin wit me."I say and she smiles.

"I guess I will." 

"You ready to eat?" I asked and Zaylani perks up.

"Girl, always." She says and I open the picnic basket.

She stares at it as if she's looking through heaven's gates.

"So much to choose from.." she fawns and I laugh.

"You can have as much as you want ma." I say.

"Okay okay I'll start with..." she hesitates then picked up a wing. "This" she says then takes a big bite.

"Mmm." She hums as she chews with her eyes closed.
I smile as I watch her. "Is it good?"

Zaylani nods immediately with her mouth full.

100% gotta seize this opportunity. I take my phone out and takesome pictures and videos of her.

"Hey!" She exclaims. "No flash photography bitch."

"But why not?" I inquire, popping a wedge in my mouth.

"Girl because this is not a flattering look for me" she replies, wiping her hand & picking up a wedge.

"Girl are you crazy? Everything is a flattering look for you."

Zaylani smiles brightly & tries hiding it by looking down. "Stopp, you've been flattering me all dayyy."

"And will continue to do so. So get used to it" I respond.

"Why don't you like being flattered though?" I ask.

I immediately regret my question as Zaylani's sheepish smile disappeared.

"Oh I'm sor-" I start.

"It's fine. I've just been hurt a lot is all." She responds, void of emotion, looking out at the lake.

"What hap-"

"Nique can we please not talk about this." Zaylani says in a cold tone, cutting me off.

"Damn okay I'm sorry ma. Ian mean to bring back any bad memories or anything.." I say and she slouches a bit with a sigh.

"No wait, I'm sorry. It's just still a sensitive topic for me. But I'll tell you because I trust you." She says.

"No need to apologize, I understand. And you sure? You don't have to." I say, reassuring her.

"Yes I'm sure. I want to." Zaylani answers.

"I'm all ears." I say.

To Be Continued.

Ik y'all been waiting but once again, school😍. Anyways longer chapter as an apology & another one otw🖤. Love y'all & get my reads up dang‼️