technoblade - you know you can put what you're holding down to text right?

but he wasn't holding anything.. if only techno could see that.

technoblade - where are you?

philza - crosswoad in forst

technoblade - huh?
technoblade - oh, nevermind, wilbur told me what he thinks you mean
technoblade - be there in a bit.

phil sighed. that was easier than he expected. he picked up his axe once more and shoved his communicator into his pocket. looking around, he decided it would be best to sit and wait, like any child would do when lost, other than cry (which he sure wasn't about to do, nope, not him). he dragged his tired body over to a tree and slumped against it, dropping his axe by his side. he put his hands in his lap and waited.

it was a long time, or so he thinks, waiting there for the hybrid and the musician to pick him up. he counted how many foxes passed by and how many birds landed on his shoulder. eventually he closed his eyes, as he was reaching the limit his brain could count to in this headspace. what was an attempt at not slipping just made him slip more, and he curled in on himself, thumb now in his mouth.

when technoblade and wilbur found phil, they were shocked to say the least. more shocked on how they found him (techno's "how did you know that?" and wilburs "how did you find this place?") than the elders current state. heck, they hadn't even noticing his thumb in his mouth. "hey, phil," techno spoke first, yanking phil out of his trance. he ripped his hand away from his mouth and rubbed away the saliva on his clothing. techno looked him up and down, confused, but thinking nothing of it.

wilbur helped phil get up, the male mumbling a neverending stream of "it's cold," to himself. wilbur shushed him.

"great work getting the wood we need.. looks like you got extra too." techno muttered as he walked closer to the other two. phil felt himself melt at the words, a giddy "t'ank you." escaping from him.

wilbur and techno shared glances. surely not?

they looked back to the elder- no, little as he messed with the sleeves on his outfit. had phil realized that he had slipped? when did phil even start to regress? there were too many questions to ask.

wilbur, ever the one to share his feelings a little more than techno, swooped in. he put that sickly sweet voice of his into action, cupping phil's face in his hands. "my, aren't you cold." he cooed, and phil's face flashed with uncertainty. 'he's still in there', wilbur thought with a hum. 'for now.'

"come now, let's go to the house okay? that'll get you warmed up. would you like some hot chocolate, sweetheart?"

oh.

oh..

phil knew what he was doing. and he was a fool to know he had fell for it too.

it was all over when phil could no longer coherently think about 'adult things' any more. phil nodded, eager, and wilbur cooed again, sweeter than before. "okay. be a good boy and drop the bag okay? then hold my hand."

"otay," phil said, letting the bag drop onto the snow. techno, who was still in awe of how easy wilbur made it seem, picked up the bag and slung it over his shoulders. he picked up the axe, too. when he turned back to the others, he saw phil's hand in wilbur's, and he coudlnt help but melt just a little.

wilbur was all smiles and soft words now, unlike during his and techno's trip. he was like a ticking time bomb, always attracted to the wrong things.  'don't expect much from the man who fell in love with a shapeshifter who prefers to stay a fish', techno would say to himself at times. because it was true, he didn't expect much. and wilbur would always shoot back, 'she's a mermaid and she's prettier than anything i've ever seen!' and it's true, sally was very pretty.