You got nothing to lose

all the ghosts felt like they were losing control of their own bodies, they couldn't stop themselves from slowly approaching the stage or bouncing to the music. sydney felt like she almost couldn't breath. alex's drum sticks began spinning in his hand and he disappeared from beside the others.

Alex, show me what you've got

alex somehow landed behind the drum kit on stage. he began playing the song perfectly, his eyes wide as he watched his arms move without his control.

sydney felt her hand slip from reggies and she saw a flash of light before she landed centre stage. her eyes widened as she looked over the crowd, having no idea how she got there. caleb walked down the steps to the front of the stage where sydney was standing.

Sydney, play it, girl

sydney unknowingly took a small step sideways as reggie appeared next to her. she quickly looked to him, hoping to gain some comfort from him, but he looked just as scared at her. neither of them were sure how to stop this.

Reggie, swing it, baby

sydney turned back to look at alex, who was looking back at her, an anxious look in his eyes. she wanted to scream, she wanted to run off the stage, but she couldn't move, she couldn't stop whatever was keeping her there.

Now Luke

caleb quickly turned to where luke was still standing back stage and moved towards him, seemingly dragging luke onto the stage. sydney watched her brother desperately as he fought to stay back, until he ended up on stage right beside her.

You and me

caleb began scatting as the four ghosts looked around at each other, an almost pained look in their eyes. sydney looked back to the crowd cheering for them, but she didn't feel anything.

How do you like my new band?
You got nothing to lose

performing on this stage was nothing like what she had come to love about playing as a band with julie. she didn't feel the spark or the excitement she usually felt on stage, all she could feel was fear of what was happening.

So come over here, baby
I got what you need
Let yourself go crazy
All bets on me, it's electrifying
From your hat to your shoes
I feel it in the air
We got nothing to lose

the song ended and the audience jumped to their feet in applause. sydney looked to the other boys, terrified of what had just happened. they all looked equally as confused as the stared back at each other.

~*~

back at the orpheum, julie was anxiously awaiting the arrival of the band, pacing in her dressing room as flynn watched her from the couch. a knock came at the door, making both girls jump slightly.

"hey julie, it's time!" the stage director calls through the door.

"just a second!" julie says back, her voice shaking slightly. she quickly walked back toward flynn. "somethings wrong. the band was getting those jolts pretty bad as i was leaving, and they wouldn't stand me up again." she paused, trying the stop her heart from racing. "they must have run out of time."