A Touch of Evil:part 1

That night when I came home, I saw veronica talking to our mom

  That night when I came home, I saw veronica talking to our mom. It was like those sibling connections; I knew immediately that something was wrong. She eventually explained how she had played a game at Cheryl's party and ended up kissing archie and how betty had run away before either could talk to her.

Before going to bed, she ordered some flowers and some cupcakes to give to betty the next day as an apology.

The next morning, she left sooner than me, leaving me to walk alone to school. After breakfast I put in my headphones, listening to my music as I walked with my white ankle high boots along with dark jeans and crop top and a jacket. After a few minutes I arrived at school, heading straight for my locker.

I pulled out my headphones out, putting them in my locker and taking out my book and shutting it. I saw jughead talking with archie a few lockers down and was about to walk over to them when my sister grabbed my arm and started pulling me with her. "ow Ronnie, what the hell? Where are you taking me?" I glared at her. She ignored my glare and kept walking, "I was going to talk to betty alone, but I couldn't do it so now you're coming with me." She answered, only getting a groan in response.

We finally got to the office as Kevin was reading the card on the flowers, veronica standing in the doorway, with the box of cupcakes in her hand and me standing behind her playing with my nails. "who the hell is v?" Kevin asked looking at her confused, "veronica." Her and Ronnie said at the same time as I chuckled. "The yellow's for friendship. Hey betty, hey Kev." I said and waved at them, getting a smile from betty and a hey from Kevin. "yeah," veronica turned to me with a small glare, which I simply ignored, before she turned back to betty with a small smile, "I also had Magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York, Because, as my mom likes to say, there's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix." Nothing, not even a smile "Also, I-- I booked us for hers-and-hers mani-pedis at Chez Salon. Blowouts too."

When she got no response, she tried her apology, hoping to have a better luck, "I am so, so sorry, Betty. I don't know what happened to me that night. It was like I was possessed by—" "Madame Satan?" Kevin interrupted, making me glare at him as veronica looked down, "The old Veronica. And I will never, ever do anything like that to you again. I swear on my mother's pearls." She continued, she looked at betty with an apologetic look, silently begging her to forgive her, "Just-- Can you please give me one more chance?"

"okay." My jaw dropped as She finally gave in, kevin looked at her shocked as veronica tried to contain her excitement. "what really?! Awesome," she grabbed my arm again while the other held the box of cupcakes, dragging me backwards and out the door, "I'll take it. And you won't regret it. I'll bring these to lunch so we can celebrate. Bye!" I waved at them as she dragged me away as soon as the bell rang.

After the announcement from the police, we were walking to a table for lunch as kevin talked about moose. I rolled my eyes and looked away and saw jughead sitting at a table alone. "hey guys...I'm gonna go, see you later." I didn't wait for a response and walked over to jughead and sat down in front of him. He was typing away on his laptop not noticing me, when I put my lunch down, he looked up startled, "hey Isabelle" he looked around as if he was waiting for the others to join me, "what are you doing here?"

I chuckled and pushed my lunch so it was in the middle of the table and started picking at it, "well there is still way too much tension between betty and Ronnie so I had to get away, and besides," I looked at him grinning, "I will not allow any friend of mine eat alone." He chuckled and pushed his laptop to the side and started eating from my lunch after I told him.

The rest of the lunch time went by really fast, with us making small talks. We were walking to our next class when suddenly he stopped outside the music room, looking inside. "what are you looking at?" I stood next to him and saw archie and miss Grundy standing awfully close. I gasped and stepped back putting my hands over my mouth when jughead took my hand and lead me away from the music room. "what the hell?!" I looked at him for an answer and he shook his head, "I don't know but I plan to find out, want to come with me after school to find out?" "yeah, I just have a small rehearsal with the pussy cats, can we go after that?" I asked him, taking my books and walking to my class, "yeah I'll wait for you." I waved goodbye as we went our separate ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two updates in one day!!

I'm so glad I could update today and hopefully I can finish the nest chapter soon.

let me know what you think, I really hope you like it.