Part: 7 Well shit

Hey guys thanks for reading this. It won't be super long I was thinking about 5 to 8 more chapters. Then I will be doing other stories. One will be based on marvel and one won't. So yeah I'll be starting different stories here soon.

Natasha's POV:
It was morning when we arrived at Stark's tower. We walked in and the rest of the avengers looked at us.
"Where have you two been!" Asks Stark.
"Russia" Replies Steve simply.
"Why were you guys in Russia" asks Clint.
"Family reunion" I say.
"You have family" asks tony.
"Not anymore" I say.
"Seriously why were you there" asks Clint.
"Someone tried to assassinate Fury and almost succeeded so we tracked down the guy, I had already known and so had Steve. He was under control by the KGB and now he's in wakanda safe from the KGB" I say.
Steve just nods.
"Okay?" Says tony confused.
"Well now that you two are back we should have a party or something" Says tony.
"I'm tired no" Says Steve.
"Please this is a great excuse throw a party." Says tony.
"I'm in" Says Clint.
"You're going to end up so drunk that I have to help you back to your room" I say.
"No, that won't happen this time" Says Clint.
*11 hours later
9:36 pm
I stood at the counter of the bar drinking a beer.
"Trying to drown your sorrows Romanoff?" Asks steve walking up to me.
"Trying, never works. I can't get drunk" I say, "it's a side effect or whatever from whatever they put in me in the red room" I say.
Steve nods, "Yeah I can't get drunk either, side effect from the super soldier surem."
"So why are you always drinking alone" asks Steve.
"Usually I drink with Clint but he's trying to harass tony. He's not too drunk yet" I say.
"Yeah you two are close" Says Steve.
"Yeah thanks to him I'm in shield. He was sent to assassinate me. He made a different call and then we became partners. The best assassins in the world, still are" I say.
Steve nods, "ever more then partners"
I laugh a little, "no, never have never will be. He's like the annoying brother I never had" I say.
Steve was about to say something when I heard Clint talking to Thor.
"So what's the trick with the hammer, why can only you pick it up." Asks clint.
Steve turns his head listening also.
"I'm not for sure there are many theories but I have one. You all are just not worthy" Says Thor.
"Guys let's try to lift Thor's hammer" Clint calls out.
All of us walk over just to see Clint try. We gather around the table where Thor had set his hammer down.
"So what happens if I lift it?" Asks clint.
"You get to rule Asgard" Says Thor.
"Great I guess I'm going to be a king" Says Clint grabbing the handle and lift up.
The hammer didn't budge.
"Holy shit" Says Clint trying to lift with his legs.
He puts his hands in the air in defeat.
"You're an idiot it's all about physics" Says tony walking up to the hammer and putting his arm through the loop. He lifts up and the hammer does not move. He goes over and put his iron man arm on and comes back. He then turn on the boosters while pulling up, nothing.
"This thing is rigged" Says tony walking back to his spot defeated.
Bruce went next and nothing happened.
Steve got up and walked over to the hammer and put both hands on it and pulled up.
For a second I thought he was going to lift it.
It wobbled and Thor got a worried look on his face.
Steve stepped away, "I guess I'm not worthy" he says.  And comes back over and sits next to me.
"Widow" Says Bruce gesturing to the hammer.
"No, I'm probably the least worthy one here" I say.
"No that would be tony" Says Clint.
"Hey" Says tony.
"It's true" Says Thor.
"Come on" Says Steve.
"Uh Fine" I say walking over to the hammer. "See look I'm not worthy" I say putting a hand on the hammer and pulling up. But to my surprise I lifted it. I look down with wide eyes at me holding the hammer.
Everyone else was silent.
I dropped the hammer not wanting to hold it anymore.
"Well um" Says Thor speechless.
I sit down next to Steve and just stare off into space.
"So do you want to rule Asgard," asks thor after a minute or so.
"No that's all for you" I say.
"I'm gonna need a drink" I say standing up and going to the bar.
"Vodka?" Asks steve coming up behind me.
"Gives me a taste of home" I say chuckling to myself.
I take a shot of vodka and pour Steve a shot too.
"I don't think I ever am going to use that hammer" I say.
He takes the shot and says, "Yeah you're more of a gun person"
"I'm more of a murder for hire person" I say.
Steve nods.
"I'm going to go to bed" I say taking another shot.
"Yeah I think I will too" Says Steve.
"Okay" I say.
We get into the elevator together but before the doors close Clint stumbles in drunk. He falls to our feet and starts to laugh.
"I can't believe you lifted the hammer, I mean who knew out of us you'd be worthy. This changes things" he says laughing.
"Shut the fuck up clint" I say.
"What aren't you happy, you're the worthiest avenger, even worthier then Steve who is completely jealous of you being worth but he's also a little attracted too" Says Clint still laughing.
I kick his shoulder, "you're drunk and won't be able to find your room so I'd shut it before I decide not to help you and make you sleep in the hall" I say.
"You're not fun" he says trying to sit up.
"Okay" I say.
Steve was just enjoying drunk clint.
"I'm offended that you took Steve to Russia and not me, I thought I was your best friend" Says Clint.
"You are my best friend" I say.
"Then What is Steve?" Asks clint.
"Good question" Says Steve looking at me.
At that moment the elevator doors open.
"Steve you get to take clint to his room, or not, I don't care but this is entrapment or whatever"  I say.
I get in my room and close the door. I lay on my bed and try to close my eyes but can't. I was tired but I knew I wouldn't sleep for long. I was thinking about Steve. Why did he want to me to answer Clint's question on what he was. I've asked him before.

What do you want me to be?

"How about a friend"

God that was so long ago.
I need a mission on my own, solo. I needed to get Steve out of my head. I can't get attached.