Winter gasped, dramatically placing his hand over his chest. "How could you say such a thing Irwin? I'm wounded!"

"Get well soon." He scoffed, getting up from his seat and quietly leaving the room. Your eyes followed his movements until he disappeared.

After dinner, everyone left to do their own things before settling down to rest. You found yourself in the library, searching for clues to help you figure out where exactly you were.

'Maybe there's some books by Minerva.' You thought scanning the shelves for the familiar book cover.

"If you're looking for clues, there's nothing in here." You turned to Irwin. You hadn't realized he was also in the room with you. 'When did he get in?'

He stood next to you, pulling out a book himself. "I've read everything in here, they've done a good job hiding whatever they have planned from us."

"There's no books by Minerva either?" You muttered disappointment clear in your tone.

"Yeah, I doubt he even knew about this place." He sighed. "But you know, maybe there's some supporters left? Like, maybe at Lambda? We can get into that when we're taken there."

"I hope." You nodded with a small smile present on your features. Irwin returned the action with a nod.

It was silent after that. You both grabbed a book and sat down together to read. Your fingers delicately traced the paper on the book. "You and Winter seem pretty close." You hummed.

"We're from the same plantation. I guess you could say that we're childhood friends or something." He shrugged. "He changed a lot when we arrived here. He used to be distant and he was literally acting like his name. He was cold. But now he never takes things seriously and acts recklessly."

"He's probably responding to trauma." You mumbled after thinking a bit. "Try to talk to him, he'll surely open up to you. You're his best friend from what I've seen."

Irwin glanced at you, his ears starting to change to a shade of a red. "Sure."

You silently took note of his behaviour, 'he would probably be vulnerable if Winters life was threatened...'

Suddenly, the library door was opened with a frantic Lilith standing on the other side. "[Y/N]! Irwin!" She gasped. "We need to go out, some children at Grace Field House has escaped!"

The two of you shot up and ran to your designated rooms, quickly changing into the uniforms given. Charlie entered your room to help you with hiding your emergency weapons.

She then helped you put on your mask to cover your identity. "All done! Get down as soon as possible." She requested leaving to check on everyone else.

You took in a deep breath before heading to meet up with everyone else.

-

The first thing you noticed was the demon waiting for you. It looked like it was on a higher level than the rest that was with it.

"We're going to head out now. Keep up." It commands, you stretched a bit preparing to meet your family again after so long, but it wasn't with good intentions.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

This is how I see ur uniform and mask but I'm too lazy to actually draw it so have one of the reference pictures I took for it.

Credits to Otochi on Twitter and Instagram (from what I've found) I love the art style very much