Chapter 20: Kidnapped/Missing

Start from the beginning

Natalie watched as Gabriel hovered his hand over the jewel which then morphed into a brooch. She was as Nooroo appeared before them. "But of course, I need Nooroo's help to finish the last step...or so the book says." Natalie watched as Nooroo looked at her with dazed eyes, wondering if Nooroo was like this due to Banshee destroying the link between her and Hawkmoth. After all, it's been a while since she's seen the kwami. "After restoring Nooroo back to its original state, once I've been successful restoring my miraculous-"

"You'll restore hers...right?" Natalie softly hoped. "And then you'll bring her back to us...just like you promised...right?"

Gabriel's feral grin was all she needed to confirm her suspicion, Natalie really hoping that was the case.

She watched as he quickly went to work, watching as he drowned himself into cracking the last piece of the spell that girl left behind in the spellbook.

While he had taken the girl's mistake as a signal of luck, Natalie couldn't help but feel that it wasn't the case. After all, who simply left clues behind to solve a problem no one foresaw?

Nothing made sense, now that she thought about it.

Why would she talk about someone knowing how to crack the Guardian's language? Why would she expose knowing a bit about said language? What made it even more suspicious was the way Marinette introduced herself to Gabriel. She indirectly told them about her grief, talking about resent in the process.

It was as if she was giving Gabriel an indirect heads up.

But then again, how could she even know that Gabriel is Hawkmoth. After all, no one knew besides her. He had been careful to not let himself get caught, meticulously redirecting any suspicion to another direction.

Sighing, Natalie rubbed her fingers against her forehead.

That's right. He had taken precautions, she was looking into the situation more than she should have. There was no use in fussing over it.

The end was already near and she could feel it.

Soon, very soon, they'll both regain what they had lost.

They'll get back their love, even if they didn't know the price of it.

-----

Amira quickly sat up the moment her guard was back up, scanning the- she was still in Paris?

Tossing the comforter on top of her aside, Amira got to her feet, only then realizing that she was on a sofa, in the middle of a tiny living room. A tiny living room where one entire side was just glass, Amira watching as the snow gently fell from the gray sky above.

As much as she wanted to stay and watch the snowfall, Amira had to scout the rest of the apartment, listening as she heard sizzling from the room over. So, she went to investigate.

Talia was in the kitchen, placing a last waffle onto a stack of two. Amira watched as she took the plate and some syrup and placed it onto the table.

"Waffles?" Amira asked as she eyed them when she entered the kitchen, not exactly the thing she thought Talia was going to be doing while she awaited for her to wake up.

"I heard they're a good midnight snack." Talia easily replied, placing another plate of them down. "Syrup?"

Amira eyes it as she takes the syrup. "Amira, I didn't do anything to the food, I-" a huff. "I didn't mean to do that to you, but it was...necessary. We needed somewhere safe, warm to talk in." Talia tried to apologize when Amira decided to take a seat.

"So after telling me you're my mother and then promptly kidnapping me, you expect me to believe that you're actually my mother?" Amira questioned, still taking in her surroundings. She eyed another window and door. "You definitely sold it."