Chapter 17: Villain (2)

Start from the beginning

Alone..dealing with emotions she never liked lingering in for too long...walking with her baggage of pain...and guilt...

Wait...the person said she was arguing with someone who knew Jason...but how was that possible?

"-can do for you?" Wally managed to register, running up the stairs and walked into the classroom, shutting the door behind him.

"I need you to tell me what exactly happened before Marinette got akumatized and don't you dare try to cover up any details. If you do..." Wally closed his eyes and took a deep breath, hoping he wouldn't jinx the situation. "This akuma may become your livelihood for a very long time and not only that...this maybe be the Miraculous Team's last fight and be Hawkmoth's victory."

-----

Adrien held Chloe close as she continued to grip at his shirt, her body shaking violently as she muttered incoherent words. Tears ruined her makeup, her eyes bloodshot red as Chloe remained curled against Adrien's shirt.

"Adrikins...you're still there...right?"

"I'm still here." Adrien assured, hugging Chloe closer to him.

"Maman and Daddy... I saw them die before my eyes. And I saw Sabrina and Mari...they..they also-"

"You don't have to tell me." Adrien hushed, turning to where Plagg was despite not being able to see anything but his glowing green eyes.

After Mari-Banshee caused Chloe to collapse and then disappeared from his sight, Adrien ordered Nino and Sabrina to head back to the class while he took care of Chloe.

Carefully dragging her to the locker room, Adrien began to softly talk to her, holding her hands as he tried to think of a way to lessen the effect of Banshee's power on Chloe so that he could-

"-help her." Cloe muttered out, Adrien feeling her hesitantly push herself away from him. "Go help her, Adrien."

"Chloe, you aren't-"

"But she needs more help than me Adrien." Chloe echoed. "I know this will go away once the akuma is found, but right now...we need to do something about the akuma. Who knows how long Ladybird will get here and get rid of the akuma, but we're here. You're here."

Adrien felt as Chloe untangled her hand from his. "I can't do anything, but you can. You can help de escalate the situation and you even know who she is after. So please...help her Adrien...she's our friend...who knows how long she can endure it..."

Adrien bit his lip, feeling Plagg settle back into Adrien's pocket inside his jacket.

"I'll try Chloe. I'll try."

Giving Chloe's hand a squeeze, Adrien slowly makes his way back to where he last saw Marinette, holding back a scream that nestled in his throat.

"Kid. We need to hurry." Plagg reminded him. "Because Chloe was right. We don't know how long it will take Ladybird to find Marinette so we need all hands on-"

"I know Plagg." Adrien cut off, digging his nails into his palms. "Plagg, claws out!"

-----

Dick paced around his apartment, putting his phone to his ear as he attempted to call both Wally and Amira, only to get sent to voicemail.

Huffing, Dick was about to call again when Tim called first.

"Tim, can this-"

"This is urgent."

"Tim, I'm trying to-"

"Something wrong is happening in Paris right now. Just open the link I sent you right now."