Chapter 16: Villain (1)

Começar do início

"Marinettte, are you-" Sabrina was about to ask if she was okay when the bell rang.

Now with a tense atmosphere, the friends made their way to their classroom, Chloe feeling miserable as she watched Marinette zone out throughout class.

During chemistry, the girl excused herself various times, making Alya having to do most of the work herself.

"What's bothering her?" Adrien asked Chloe, noticing that she too was acting strange since that morning.

Pursing her lips, Chloe let out a sigh as she began to label the diagram in her textbook.

"I may have upset her." Chloe admitted. "We were talking about how Christmas was right around the corner. I asked how she forgot it when she told me she doesn't celebrate and then...she just...went quiet." Chloe trailed, letting her pencil fall out of her hand. "Adrien, I messed up."

"You didn't know she would react like that." Adrien replied, watching as Marinette walked back into the room, apologizing to Alya as she sat in her seat. "So you apologize for it."

"Okay, so I apologize for it, but how do I prepare for the next time? I don't know what I said that made her...well, change."

"It might have been old memories." Adrien quickly supplied. "Perhaps relating to her family."

"Her family?"

"Well, this is just a theory," Adrien started, hoping that he was semi-right. "But I think Marinette came to Paris to move on." Chloe arched a brow.

"Move on?"

"Well, when we first met, she mentioned having siblings."

"Siblings? As in more than just Bridgette?" Chloe asked, remembering seeing the tiny baby when they had gone to visit her while she was sick.

"Aside from Bridgette, Marinette did mention having two-one other siblings aside from her." He corrected himself. "But as far as we know, we know nothing about them. Never talks about them either."

"Wait, you said two before changing to one. Why?" Crap.

"Well, that's where things get a bit complicated. When Marinette said she had siblings, she told me she had two in total although it used to be three. My guess is that, well...he has moved on." Adrien said quietly, looking at his book with great interest. "Her eyes became dull, just like how they look like now."

Chloe processed the information, looking over at Marinette. To think she knew so little about her good friend. Chloe hit the table with her head, letting out a groan. "Don't worry Chlo. She'll understand if you just ask her."

"I hope she does." Chloe said, lifting her head.

Class went on and shortly later, Mlle Mendeleiev began to tell the class to pack up. With the ring of the bell, everyone went onto their next class or lunch, Chloe missing the opportunity to talk to Marinette.

Sighing, Chloe picked up her things and went to have lunch with her father as they had promised to do that morning.

---

Marinette huffed as she sat across from Adrien, taking out a notebook that was heavily encrypted in code.

After all, she didn't want anyone else to know she was Ladybird and that she had narrowed her suspicions onto one man possibly being Hawkmoth.

"I heard what happened this morning." Adrien said, flipping a page from his own book, Marinette noticing the odd language in it.

It looked eerily...familiar. Where had she seen that book before?