Marinette continued to zone out throughout the entire morning and then acting if nothing was wrong once lunch came around.

It bothered Chloe so much and she didn't know. Why did it bother her to see Marinette act as if she wasn't in pain when it was clear as day?

-----

"Ladybird!" Chat called out, snapping Bee from her thoughts. It's been three days since she last saw Ladybird, watching as their leader greeted them with a slight smile on her face. "Feeling better?"

Deja vu much?

"Chat. Bee. I've been doing well. Master Fu gave me the okay to return back to patrolling despite not wanting me being here."

"How come?" Bee asked, looking out to the Parisian skyline. Tonight, it seemed foreign.

"One word: Hawkmoth." Ladybird stated, watching as her partners looked at her with narrowed eyes. "If I stay for too long out of commission, not only will we be giving him more answers about the miraculous, but he'll know our weakness."

"But-"

"He's probably caught up with the most recent information regarding the damage left behind from Dark Owl. Can't exactly hide the evidence left behind at the stadium and his office."

Ladybird watched as Bee and Chat nervously laughed at that, remembering the large pile of rust left at the stadium and the amount of tech to clean out of Principal Damocles' office.

"Do you think he knows about you and-" Bee started, only to stop when LB nodded.

"He might know I'm not suited for the Ladybug, but there are also other possibilities."

"Which are?"

"I'm like him." Ladybird bluntly stated, getting titled heads for a reaction. "I have another life outside the mask that makes me mia."

"Wouldn't that apply to all of-"

"Not exactly. The two of you are mostly active, always at the scene as soon as possible. As for me, I don't usually appear until minutes later or until halfway. That can mean many things. One, I'm a sickly person outside the mask, therefore I take longer to arrive. Or similarly, I live a little bit outside of Paris, thus making me tardy. Third-"

"You might be an adult," Bee stated, watching Chat look at LB with large eyes. What did he figure out?

"Or you might be someone of a high standing who can't afford to leave their place in society to fight him, a man who has all the time to be ready to akumatize someone at a moment's notice."

Guess LB wasn't expecting that answer, judging from her taken aback expression.

"Right on. To think you got it on your first try."

"Wait, you're rich?" Bee screeched out, looking at Chat for back up. "I mean, that would explain the burner phones, the equipment at the- you have the money to buy out an entire floor!"

"Yes Bee. I'm rich, although it's my father who's rich and was stupid enough to forget to take away my black card."

"You have a black card?" LB and Chat watched as Bee continued to freak out.

"What's a black card?" Chat decided to ask, earning concerned faces from the girls. "What?"

"How do you not know what a black card is, Chat! It's literally the symbol of being filthy rich! Not even Daddy has one!" Bee exclaimed, promptly shutting her mouth.

"You're rich too, Bee? Wow. To think we all come from a-"

"You're rich too?" The girls exclaimed, the trio bursting into laughter.