Chapter 10: Consolation + Salt

Start from the beginning

She's never seen Ma-Amira so content and that wasn't something Tikki was going to take away from her.

So Tikki remained silent when she watched Amira take a pair of keys and leave the apartment via the window. Tikki kept quiet as Amira stole a bike and started it, using it to head towards Gotham.

There were a plethora of things that Amira was doing illegally -Amira's speeding and driving with no license being two of them- but Tikki couldn't bring herself to say anything, not even as they broke into a cemetery.

Tikki watched as Amira took out a small bouquet of flowers she had bought and stuffed into her jacket before arriving at the graveyard.

Some of the petals were squished or missing, but the sentiment was still there.

Tikki watched as Amira placed the flowers down into an abandoned vase, wondering when was the last time someone brought this person flowers.

Tikki settled into Amira's shoulder as Amira carefully stooped down, dusting off the debris that was starting to accumulate on the tombstone.

Tikki felt her heart stop upon reading the name on the tomb.

"Hey Jason. It's me, Amira. Sorry it took so long to visit, but I'm finally back. I'm home."

-----

Tim wasn't expecting anything when he went patrolling that night with Barbara.

The two agreed to patrol without Bruce, Bruce having gone to a Halloween masquerade ball while Tim and Babs scouted for the night in his stead.

If anything were to happen anyways, Bruce would know about it and be at the scene asap.

As the duo swung across Gotham's streets, Tim noticed someone inside the cemetery, kneeling in front of an ever so familiar grave.

"Hey Babs. Isn't the cemetery always closed during Halloween?" Tim asked, recalling the amount of times some of his classmates would dare one another to enter it on Halloween night. Most didn't end up entering as they used the 'cemetery was close' as an excuse.

"Should be." Babs ended up saying, turning over towards Tim who was perched on the corner of the building behind her. "Why do you-" Babs followed Tim's line of sight, finally noticing the reason behind his question. "She shouldn't be there. Come on. Let's try to get her out of there."

Tim stumbled as he got up, but managed to follow Babs to go and greet the girl and possibly take her home.

As the two approached the girl, they couldn't help but bring their guard up, feeling oddly familiar with her aura.

"-believe that? Of course you would. You were the only one-" the girl turned around, causing Tim and Babs to stop, watching as the girl's eyes widened before narrowing dangerously.

She shouldn't have been able to sense them. Just who was she?

"Sorry! We didn't mean to scare you. We just wanted to escort you out of the cemetery-"

"Well, if it isn't Replacement Number 1 and Replacement Number 2." The girl spat out, Tim catching the venom that dropped at the end of her words.

"I'm sorry, do-"

"To think Bruce willingly took the two of you in and then let you replace the previous Robin." The girl spoke, glaring at Tim. "Just goes to show how little he thinks of those around him."

"How-"

"-do I know you replaced the previous Robin? It's quite easy. I was there." The girl spoke, walking up to Tim. "I was there the night he was brought back home. I was there the night Jason Peter Todd came home, dead and covered in blood." She grabbed hold of Tim and brought him up to her face. "You will never be what he was. You will never be able to bring the mantle justice...Replacement." Tim watched as the girl ripped the mask off of him, watching as her eyes widened.