15.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴜᴍᴍʏ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀɪɴ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ [3]

Start from the beginning

Malik sighs in embarrassment. "Okay nerd, anyway do you know where this mummy is now?"

"Heading in our direction as we speak."

A good half an hour later after Clarke telling the group about the mummy; Malik, Hope, Josie, Alaric, and Lizzie were on their way to find it while walking down Main Street. The headmaster walked before the four teenagers; holding up his crossbow as if that would do any damage to a damn mummy. Malik who was stuck with the teens could practically feel the tension brewing by the second.

"Some people find it helps to clear their conscience before heading into battle." Lizzie started, her hands in her pockets as she walked.

Malik rolls his eyes. "Oh my god. Now is not the time for this."

Josie nods in agreement.

Lizzie scoffed. "It's always time for truth. Last chance, Hope. If you didn't start that fire to keep us from going then why were you so mean to me after? I'll tell you why, because you were guilty."

"Girls! Quiet back there, please." Alaric interfere.

Did they stop? Not at all.

Hope makes a face. "I wasn't mean to you. You were mean to me."

"Because you were telling people about my episode," Lizzie ended the sentence with a low voice.

Of course, Malik still heard but he kept quiet.

"Your what?"

"My episode," Lizzie repeats before taking a small pause. "The one I had when our trip got canceled. You told everyone that I was witch bipolar."

There was nothing Malik could say at that point, because, Hope in fact had gone there. And now that he thought about it, Hope saying those words about Lizzie is what caused the hybrid to grow close to the blonde Gemini witch. But while they were growing close, he began to distance himself from Hope.

Even though Malik hated Lizzie's guts growing up, he managed to be there for her during most of her so-called episodes. And he felt a sudden urge to keep her safe. Time with Lizzie Saltzman during their 8th-grade year was an eye-opener. That though the Gemini witch had mean girl tendencies and was seen a bit rotten in his eyes, she was beautiful and breathtaking.

But he decided that he could no longer pick sides so he waited for them to solve their problems as he played neutral. Meaning he got close to Hope again and tried keeping his friendship with Lizzie, but she didn't like the idea of Malik and Hope being friends so she started to act like a dick.

"I would never do that," Hope responds to the accusation.

Everyone stopped moving. Malik eyes the Tribrid wondering why she had been lying.

"Guys, seriously." Josie huffs, she seemed worried as she kept looking between the two girls. "What is the point of even talking about this?"

Lizzie interrupted Josie as she turns to Hope. "Just drop the act. I had my first occurrence; my mom took me away to get help and you decided to use it against me."

"Guys—"

The girls stopped arguing as everyone's eyes fell onto Josie.