Chapter 2

Keefe was running. Through the kitchen, ove rall the chairs, dodging all her trinkets, he threw off the earpiece but realized he couldn't get out. It was a trap! Keefe had no idea what was happening but his breathing was increasing like crazy and he leaned up against the wall. He saw her walking towards him like he was a wild Verminion. She sighed, looked at the floor, and started raising a hand to her earpiece. She was going to do something. What was it? How could he stop it? Why does she look like Sophie? It had been so long since he heard Sophie last but that's what she sounded like!

"STOP!"

Liv froze

Then he heard her shadowy voice again in his ear.

"This is why I didn't want to show you so soon. I understand your panic, but I was only going to let you out. I can tell you how if you put your earpiece back on. Or, better yet, see the plant with the moonlark sticking out of it? Pull that to the right, it'll open the door. I take it you're leaving then? Better call back the rain... wouldn't want the humans to see you."

Even though she was still frozen, she started sweating. Keefe was giving her the biggest evil eye ever. He turned around skeptically and pulled quickly on the moonlark, bracing for impact. But the door only opened and the stairs folded out. He rushed out of the door and out onto the cement. He looked around but she was still in a position reaching for her temple. He looked closer and he thought he saw a tear slipping down her cheek. He realized that she was letting him go. He took several steps back and said

"START"

While running in the opposite direction.

"I'll be staying here for one week if you change your mind! Not that you will... just step on the picture of the dragon on the ground if you change your mind! I didn't mean to..." she mentally called after him

"JUST GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" He mentally screamed as he was sprinting.

"Ok..." and her voice went away.

He ran a few blocks more before slowing down.

What the heck just happened? He walked a little before sitting down on a very dirty, very smelly bench. Everything smelled so bad.

Her ship smelled nice.

Like rosemary.

Who was she? Why was she? What was she? Where was she? Why wasn't she chasing him? She had to be bad... right? He used his photographic memory and went through the last two hours. What was she wearing? She was wearing a yellow... what was it? It was like a cloak, except it was short. It had a hood with strings coming out of it and looked too big for her. He thought he remembered Sophie calling it a shirtsweat or something. It had flowers on it, reading: And rain will make the flowers grow. He didn't know what that meant but it didn't seem too bad. The pants were like leggings that Biana and the other girls wore but they were made out of thick blue material. It didn't look strong enough to be any kind of armor tho. Her shoes were a maroon color, they looked like the ones he had worn when he had to escape and he had to wear human clothes. Now for the ship. He didn't know what was in her room... she could definitely be hiding things in there. The other suspicious things were all her gadgets... he didn't know what... he didn't know, he didn't know, he didn't know. He was spiraling. He had to breathe. In, out, in, and out. Like a certain someone used to tell him to do. A certain someone... her sister. Could she really be bad? Why was he assuming she was bad? Besides the numerous amount of betrayal throughout the years, he meant. Maybe he was just assuming she was bad... because he'd been assuming things were bad for the past year or so. He looked down and noticed his hands were ringing. He stopped and stuffed his hands in his pockets. Maybe she wasn't bad. No, she must be, but he should go back and see what she's doing. Gather entail. Yeah. That was why he was going back.