01: 𝗋𝖾𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾.

Start from the beginning

I can't wait to see you again too! I have a lot to tell you about Italy.

Love,
Y/n :)

———

After proofreading her letter for the third time, she decided that she had written enough and went to go get Erwin, who was in her parents' bedroom.

Stepping out of her room, she was met with the sight of her grandmother. "Ah! Y/n, dear!" she greeted. "I was wondering when you were going to come out of your room. Your parents, your grandfather, and I will be going on a walk in a nearby park. We were wondering if you would like to come? We wouldn't want you to be all by yourself here."

"Sure, grandma," Y/n nodded. "But I just have to send a letter to someone. I'll be quick, I promise."

Her grandmother looked at her in confusion. "Someone? Who's this someone you speak of?"

"Oh! I must have never told you about him. His name is Harry Potter and he's my --"

"Harry Potter? The boy who lived and the Chosen one?"

"Yeah,"

Adelaide Lovewright's eyes lit up at her granddaughter's response. Y/n being in a relationship with a member of one of the most famous families out there besides the Lovewrights? It's a win for her.

"Has he proposed to you?"

Y/n's body froze. She stood there staring at her with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. Did she hear that right? "P-pardon, grandma?" she gulped. "Propose? Do you think we're getting married?"

"Well of course! I heard stories about your relationship from your mother and father. It sounds like you really love him.."

Her eyes moved from her grandmother's figure in front of her to the bracelet on her wrist, smiling as she fiddled with one of the green beads. "I really do," she then lowered her voice so Adelaide wouldn't hear what she was saying. "It's a shame that I keep on getting my hopes up just for him."

"What was that, dear?"

Her head shot up from the bracelet and back to the older woman in front of her. "Nothing! Er -- about the walk, we wouldn't want to keep grandpa, mum, and dad waiting, would we?"

"Ah, yes! Well you go on and send that letter to the boy, dear. We'll be waiting for you downstairs." With that, her grandmother had walked back down the stairs and disappeared from sight, leaving Y/n by herself at the foot of the stairs.

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

"Mate, will you stop moping around and actually get up?"

Harry groaned and rolled over his bed. He was about to reach over and wrap his arms around what he thought was Y/n's sleeping figure. When all he felt was one of his pillows beside him, his eyes snapped open, now clearly remembering that Y/n was away in Italy.

Ron sighed at his best friend. "Look, this might make you feel better and miss her less," he took a letter out from his pocket and handed it over to Harry, whose entire face lit up at the sight of the cursive handwriting. "It came earlier this morning, delivered by her family owl. I guess she finally decided to reply to your clingy arse."

Ignoring him, Harry excitedly ripped the envelope open as if he was a child during Christmas. He took the letter out, admiring Y/n's handwriting.

"Well?" asked Ron, moving over to sit beside Harry on the bed. "What did Y/n s--"

"SHE'S COMING BACK IN THREE DAYS!"

"Bloody hell!" Ron swore he almost fell off the bed due to Harry's shouts. Before he could even recover, he was soon being shaken with Harry's hands on his collar.