Prologue (2) || A Normal Day

When the sun rose on the U.A. dorms of Class 1-A, it woke up most of the sleeping students. Izuku Midoriya wandered into the kitchen with half-lidded eyes. He smiled slightly at his friends, Iida and Todoroki, who sat on stools by the kitchen island.

     "Morning!" He said, and he opened the freezer to grab some microwavable pancakes. 

     "Good morning, Midoriya." Iida responded and Todoroki nodded. Ururaka walked in, slightly more awake than Midoriya. She greeted them all and went to grab breakfast for herself.

     It was very quiet, meaning either Bakugou was asleep or staying in his room. Either way, the group of friends basked in the silence while they could.

     Another person walked in, "Morning, kero." Asui said, taking a juice box and sitting down. Ururaka smiled, "So what do you think we're doing today?" She asked, sitting down next to Tsuyu while she waited on her food.

     Midoriya hummed, "Well, I think Aizawa said we're just doing review and basic training in hero classes, and we have a test Monday in English, so I don't think we'll be doing much today." 

     "That's a first." 

     The class was talking amongst themselves. It was in-between lessons and nothing much had happened that day. Bakugou was scowling at everything from his desk, surrounded by his friends.

     "Today's normal." Sero mumbled, "A little too normal." He let out a half-hearted laugh. Kaminari looked up from his phone, charger in his mouth, "'m waiting 'or 'illains to show." He spoke over the charger.

     "Don't talk while you chew, it's bad manners." Mina scolded.

     Bakugou tuned them out, looking out the window.

     Kirishima looked at him, a bit worried. Usually, Bakugou would be yelling at someone by now. He tapped on his shoulder, catching a glare from him, "Bakubro, you feelin' good, man?" He asked in a low voice so the rest of the group couldn't hear him.

     "I'm fine, shitty-hair. Just something about today doesn't feel right." He grumbled. It was true, as normal as the day had gone, something wasn't right. Like Sero had said, it was a little too normal.

     Kirishima nodded, "Yeah, agreed. I think-" 

     Before he could finish, a loud Bang! rang out, coming from the hallway, followed by a screech and someone running farther away.

     "I fuckin' told you so!" Bakugou said, getting up with his classmates and running out.