o n e

j a c k s o n

j a c k s o n

"oh my god, i can't believe you're actually a senior now." mami pouted as i ran my hand through my hair.

"calm down, it's not that big of a deal." i chuckled.

"yes, it is!" her eyes widened. "it feels like just yesterday you were saying your first word."

"oh, god, not this," i playfully rolled my eyes. "shut up, mami."

"don't tell your mother to shut up, jackson." momma reprimanded as she walked into the living room.

"yes, thank you, jj." mami said.

"i was just kidding, momma. you should know that." i defended myself.

"are you ready for school?" momma asked.

"yeah, i'm just waiting on leo and iris. what's taking them so long?"

right on cue, leo and iris came running down the stairs, both yelling "mom!"

"who?" momma raised a brow, while mami asked "which one?"

"it doesn't matter!" leo shook his head.

"both!" iris said.

"okay, i need you two to calm down," momma sighed. "what's the problem?"

they both tried talking at the same time, but momma quickly put an end to that. "aht, aht, aht! one at a damn time."

iris pushed leo over. "i'll go first. leo keeps yelling at me."

"because you're wearing my hoodie!" he defended.

"but you have hundreds of hoodies! this one doesn't even match your outfit anyways!" she argued.

"calm down! god, i love you two, but you motherfuckers are always arguing," momma shook her head. "leo, were you gonna wear that hoodie today?"

he crossed his arms, looking down at the ground. "... no."

"then you can let your sister wear it. it's not hurting you," she sighed. "besides that, are y'all ready for school? you're gonna be late if you don't hurry up."

"yes, momma." they said in unison, both letting out sighs.

"good," she kissed them both on the cheek. "i love you, and i hope you have a good day at school."