Affection

Toji Fushiguro x GN! Reader oneshot

Was it the way you looked at him as if he were as beautiful as the stars? The way you touched him as if he's something precious that should be handled with care? The alluring expressions you show only to him? The captivating appearance of you as t...

Was it the way you looked at him as if he were as beautiful as the stars? The way you touched him as if he's something precious that should be handled with care? The alluring expressions you show only to him? The captivating appearance of you as the moonlight softly bestows its light onto you? Your soothing voice, the way his name leaves your lips? The way your eyes light up whenever you see him? You were intoxicating, addictive, in which he couldn't get enough of you.

The times you stayed up at midnight waiting for him, the times you tenderly took care of his injuries, the times you wrapped him close and rubbed circles on his back, the times you lightly hummed songs to soothe him. He secretly vowed to always return to you, as long as he could. He would tear the sky and rip the stars down for you, if that is what you desired.

The bubbly feeling in his chest when you looked at him with worry, when you held him close, when you were in the verge of crying due to seeing him hurt. You know he's strong, but you always look out for him. Oh, just how could he ever get enough of you? He craved you so much, your little touches, your voice, your gestures. He yearns for you.

He loves you so much, and fell hard for you before he even realised it. It frustrated him whenever he has to leave your side for some dirty jobs, he wanted nothing than to be clinging onto you, showered in all your love and affection. He only wants to return to where you are, where home is.

You will always be there for him, he knows this. You gave him a place to return to, a haven for him to cope with the pent up stress and frustration from the sorcerers and his family who abandoned him. When he holds you tightly into his embrace, he feels as if the world is peaceful and tranquil. He loved the way you fitted wonderfully in his arms, loved the way he felt safe and warm with you in them, loved the way he felt that he could protect you from all the harm in the world. He loves you, dearly.

You love him, you tell him, and he knows this too. Your actions alone are enough to show him how much you love him. But do you know how much he loves you? Has he properly conveyed his feelings to you? Do you have any idea just how much you mean to him? He isn't a man of sweet talking, and he doesn't tell you much that he loves you. He wants to tell you, but always misses the timing.

He wanted to tell you how much he loves you when you brushed your hand against his back and whispering reassuring words to him, hugging him tightly and letting his head drop onto your neck and nuzzling into the crook of it. You love him, you told him; he wants to respond to you and tell you how much he loves you too, how love-struck he is towards you, but he felt so relaxed in your arms, so relaxed with you around him, that he fell asleep in your arms before he could deliver his confession. As he drifted off to sleep unable to beat his fatigue, your soft whispers of love lingered in his mind.

You ruffled his head, gave him light pecks on the cheeks whenever you see him, god he loves it so much. He loves to give you a back hug whenever you're in the kitchen, cooking up a meal for him. He loves it when he pulls you close, you falling onto his laps and his large figure engulfs you. You look up to him with nothing but affection in your glittering eyes, light giggles leaving your lips. He pulls your face close, unable to resist the temptation and kisses you softly. He wanted to tell you how much he loves you, but he decided to let his actions show for that day.

When Toji woke up at midnight, with you right next to him and tightly hugging his arm- it makes you feel safe, you say, of course he didn't mind, you looked adorable, clinging onto his arms. You looked so peaceful, so unaware of the dangers lurking in the cruel world, and swore to himself that he'll always protect you. He lifted a hand up to your face and caressed it, with you still in deep slumber. He brushed his thumbs on your cheeks, then your plump lips. He brushed your slightly messy hair, untangling the knots formed.

"Toji." woken up by his tender touches, you called out to him softly, wondering if he couldn't sleep. You sat up and rubbed your eyes, gripping the sleeves of his shirt. He only smiled at the sight in front of him, a blessing in his life. "I love you." He gently rests his forehead onto yours, finally saying what he wanted to tell you, but he knows, those three words are simply not enough to express the intense feeling he habours towards you. If only you could feel his heart, the strong emotions that evoked whenever he sees you.

"I know, Toji, I know." Your hands reached up to his cheeks, cupping them and caressing them. You knew, you always knew. He doesn't have to whisper sweet nothings to you to understand, it was never about the words he expressed. His emotions, his actions, his rare confessions of love alone are enough to let you know he loves you just as much as you does. Toji lets out a sigh of relieve, realising that his worries were pointless. After all, you always knew.

a/n: originally, I wasn't going to post this on wattpad, since I mainly post on tumblr and ao3, but I guess it couldn't hurt to do so

a/n: originally, I wasn't going to post this on wattpad, since I mainly post on tumblr and ao3, but I guess it couldn't hurt to do so. It might not have turned out the way wanted it to be. Anyway, soft Toji. I live for soft Toji and fluff from this big guy.

Personally, I don't really like this one fic. I like my other one better (tending to his wounds) because I'm a sucker for tending wounds trope. You can also check it out in my profile.