A high pitch squeal leaves my mouth as I get tugged back by one of the paparazzi, "Landon," I shout as my hand breaks away from his making him turn around.

A ringing sound greets my ears as Landon takes off his suit jacket and grabs me from one of the security guards and places his jacket around my head protecting me from the flashing cameras.

"Fuck I'm sorry Charlie-Rose," he mumbles an apology as we finally slip inside the doors to a quieter peaceful aurora, "Are you okay," Landon ignores everyone else and focuses on me.

I take a deep breath and rest my shaking hands on my thighs, "I'm fine just a bit shaken up," his arms wrap around my waist pulling me into his hard chest.

"I'm so sorry they're normally not like this but knowing how noisy these paparazzi's are and plus it's the first time I've brought someone to an event it's an even bigger deal for them," he slowly rocks side to side which is calming very nicely.

"It's fine, it just brought up some tuff memories," I mumble to myself.

Landon holds me in his embrace for a few more minutes when a lady who is a bit older than me comes up to us breaking us apart, "Landon," she greets giving him a tight hug causing a sick feeling to erupt in my stomach.

"Cheryl," he hugs her back, "How are you?" he asks.

"I'm good," she smiles at him before turning around to me, "And you must be the famous Charlotte-Rose, I'm Cheryl Heart, Christopher's wife," she pulls me into her petite body.

"So, you're Lyon's mum?" my cheeks flush with embarrassment realising she is Landon's in-law.

"Yes, I am," we exchange kisses on the cheek.

"It's very nice to meet you," I scan my eyes up and down her body and notice her little bump, "Congratulation by the way".

"Oh, thank you Charlotte-Rose," she rubs her hand over her little bump, "I'm sure Lyon has told you how much he wants it to be a girl," we both giggle and I shake my head.

"You can call me Charlie-Rose by the way," I've just met this woman, but I feel like I've known her for years.

"Charlie-Rose is such a beautiful name, your mother is very good at picking names," my throat dries up at the mention of her, "I would guess she is as beautiful as you," I glance over at Landon who notice me growing uncomfortable.

"She was," I give a tight smile, "She was as gorgeous as me, I would even say she was prettier," I confess, "I got my clear skin and strawberry blonde hair from her," Cheryl feature's drop as she picks up, I'm talking in the past tense.

I see tears prick her eyes, "Oh god," she mumbles as a tear falls down her face, "Jesus Christ stupid pregnancy hormones," she gently wipes under her eyes capturing the tear on her finger before wiping them away on her dress, "I notice you were talking about your mother in past tense and I put two and two together, I'm sorry for your loss Charlie-Rose," she gives my hand a squeeze.

I feel my lip quiver and tears prick my eyes, "Crap you're going to get me started," we both let out sad laughs, "No but it's alright, it's still hard some days but then I always think about the happy memories I had before she passed and that makes me smile," she nods her head in agreement.

"Always think about what you had and not what you lost," I smile at her.

I feel an arm snake around my waist pulling me to the side of a body, "Are you okay?" a familiar deep voice asks lace with concern.