sunsets and you

[18:00]

You and Johnny are walking by the river, on your way to grab some dinner. Both of you enjoy the silence as you admire the sunset around you.

Spotting a bench nearby, you walk towards it, deciding to take a little break to rest your feet. Johnny follows and takes a seat next to you. You both move closer to each other as you both try to bring warmth to your bodies on this cold winter evening.

You look around you, staring out into the horizon. The sun is setting, illuminating the buildings. The lights are turning on and you can hear the water flowing.

You love this time of day. You love sunsets. It's something you always look forward to.

There's just something so peaceful about all of this to you. It makes you feel happy, relaxed and relieved somehow. All of this is something you admire and cherish a lot, especially after a stressful day. You always had so much love in your eyes while looking at it.

Johnny feels the same way too. Except, it's not sunsets or the views he's looking at currently. Instead, it's you. He smiles to himself because in that moment, he realises that he's fallen in love with you. He's so in love with you.

He takes the camera that's hanging around his neck and takes a few snapshots of you.

You hear the clicks and immediately turn to him, pouting at him

"heeyyyy"

Johnny laughs at you as you realise you've caught him in his actions.

You give him a light punch on his arm

"oww" he says as he rubs his arm pretending to be in a lot pain

You giggle and stick your tongue out at him before resting your head on his shoulder, still admiring the views. Johnny finds his arms around you, pulling you in closer then gives you a kiss on your temple.

You smile as you both sit there for a few more minutes, enjoying the silence and the views before heading off to fill in your empty stomachs