chapter i

CHAPTER i.
❝it means get lost squidward❞

2018

THE AVENGERS HAD BROKEN UP. Yes, like the Beatles. Or for the other vast majority of you, One Direction. There was no longer such a thing as the world's mightiest heroes banded together in order to help save the world. Of course, the memory of the group stayed strong, especially in America where they teach the young people about their stories as if it was ancient history. Or so Peter had told Winnie.

It had been two full years since Winnie had seen or heard from Bucky, Steve, Nat and all the other fugitives that she had once fought alongside. Two full years since everything went down that shook the world for many months. Steve had been able to get all of them out, well the ones who wanted to. Scott and Clint got out on parole, the others went on the run.

Winnie had begun working for the government again, under the supervision of Secretary Ross who just seemed to get more and more of an asshole than he already was. She continued being on Project FEA, as well as doing other useless things that Ross wanted her to do.

On one occasion, Winnie had actually found Steve, Nat and Sam. She hadn't been working on the project for very long so it was kind of a surprise that she was able to find them. They were hiding out in a motel in Cairo. How the hell they were able to get there with no money and the government watching them like a hawk, no one knows but they did, somehow.

When she found them, she had no interest in bringing them in, I mean, it was just a wonder that she had been able to find them in the first place. And thankfully, she had gone by herself for this search or else she would've had to. Winnie was just glad that they were alright. 

Sam was told about the plan and why she did was what she did back when they were both stuck in prison. He was no longer mad at her and completely understood which made some of the weight that was on her shoulders come off.

They all looked semi different from the last time she had seen them in order to hide. Steve grew a beard and his dirty blond hair had been dyed a brown colour. Natasha also dyed her hair into a blonde colour and it now just reached her neck - seeing that definitely took Winnie's breath away. And Sam, well all he did was grow a beard.

She stayed with them a couple of hours, talking them through what she had been doing the past few months for Ross. It was hard for her to leave the three of them, especially with the living conditions they were in. She knew they had lived in worse but it was still exhausting what they were doing.

That was the last time she saw those three and Winnie made it her mission to never let them be found again. So, in order to do so, she purposely sabotaged every item of her work, trying to make it as hard as she could to not find them.

Tony got engaged. Yes, the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist was finally getting ready to settle down with none other than Pepper Potts. Lots of planning had been happening over the last few months, a lot of trying to get away from the press but Tony couldn't have been happier. He had already asked Winnie and Rhodey to be his best man and woman.