2.8 | 4 years prior

Start from the beginning

"you can't be my best friend and not be supportive of my relationship," he said.

"i can't be supportive when your relationship is with a delusional bitch who doesn't even let you around your own friend group or your childhood best friend. no," i said.

"so she's a bitch now?"

"nothing she hasn't said to me already," i said, cheesing sarcastically.

"what?" he said incredulously.

"jacques, she literally called me a washed up slut yesterday. i could care less about what she calls me or her little white high school drama movie insults, but you're not going to sit here and pretend like this shit isn't happening in front of your face," i said.

"solana, you're never supportive of my relationships, and you always have problems with my girlfriends," he said.

"jacques, shannon was cheating on you the whole relationship, lashawn nearly fought me because i gave you some study notes, and sabrina has been breaking up every single conversation we have to flirt with you in front of me as if it's making me jealous or something. none of this shit is my fault," i said.

he stared at me as if i'd shot him. but i wasn't done. "until you get that figured out with her, or you go to the doctor for delusions, or whatever the fuck you need to do to see through her bullshit, you're a best friend short, because i'm not doing this. get out," i spat. i got up and opened the door for him, motioning for him to leave.

he sat there for a few seconds, as though he was trying to process what was going on. he looked genuinely upset. i could still see the regret in his face. but i was pissed and i wanted him out.

he stood up and walked out of the room, and i shut the door after him, sitting on the bed and covering my face. i heard the front door shut downstairs and out of the window, i could see jacques start to walk down the street back to his house. i grabbed my phone and called megan, knowing she probably wouldn't answer. but she did.

"hey, sol," she was braiding her hair.

"hey," i said.

"you sound upset. what's going on?" she asked.

"your friend jacques. he's losing his shit unless this shit is a joke," i said.

"what shit?" she asked.

i launched into the lengthy explanation of jacques's random accusations and his refusal to believe anything i was saying. megan listened all the way through as she grabbed hair and braided.

"so he thinks you're the one bothering sabrina?" megan asked.

"he thinks i'm the reason she keeps bothering me. he even said that i wasn't supportive of his relationships," i said.

"well what has sabrina been doing? you never told me," she asked.

"she either doesn't like jacques having female friends, or she just doesn't like how close we are, so every time she sees us together or jacques tells her he's with me, she always calls him, texts him, or she jumps into whatever conversation we have. she blows up his phone when he comes over, knowing that it'll just make him want to leave. she won't stop staring at me if she's anywhere in my vicinity. if i catch her staring, she shoots me a stinky ass look like i was the one that was staring at her," i ranted.

"is that all?" megan asked.

"i have to take my last period with her and every. single. fucking. day, she whispers some sneaky shit she knows i can hear, or she purposely bumps into me on her way out of the class. megan, get this, she cut my hair, it wasn't my real hair, but the fact of the matter is that she still had the nerve to reach over and cut my hair," i said.