I looked through the menu but didn’t actually read it, I kinda missed Claire now- the situation was a whole less awkward.

I quickly sneaked a peak at Matt his head was on the table resting on his arms, staring.

Staring at me.

I tried to look away but I couldn’t, he moved his bangs out of his face, his eyes pierced mine. My breathing became slightly laboured and my face hot.

“D-Do you know what you want?” I asked ripping my eyes off his face and back on the menu

“I think so” he murmured.

A part of me had a feeling that he wasn’t talking about something off the menu.

“Hey are you guys ready to order?” We were interrupted by Claire, she placed a hand on Matt’s shoulder.

“I’ll have whatever she’s having” Matt’s replied his eyes heavily on me.

And not Claire.

Me.

An overwhelming feeling of that fact built within me, but I didn’t know why.

“Erm” I hesitated burying myself in the menu again “I’ll just have a hot chocolate”

“Do you want whip cream, sprinkles and cherries with that?” Claire asked monotonously as she jotted my order down.

I looked at the menu again “No thanks” I smiled politely

“You like whip cream. Sprinkles and cherries” Matt stated

“I know” I shrugged.

 But it was 7 dollars extra.

Can someone say rip off

“Most people don’t like to get extras because of the extra pay” Claire smiled

“I see” Matt smiled at me “She will have it”

“Okay” Claire giggled scribbling it down.

“Can she also have a blueberry muffin?"

"She sure can" the waitress smiled “so thats two hot chocolates with extras and two blueberry muffins"

"Yeah" Matt nodded handing back the menus.

“I'll be back with you shortly”

My eyes followed Claire as she walked behind the counter with our orders, her and another worker began giggling and jumping around, obviously about Matt. I cringed it really was-