"Why? What are you going to do?" Panic and pain rose.

"I need to pull it out, or it will get infected."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I gasp. "No way!"

"If I don't take it out and wrap it, it will get infected, and Don will have my head if I don't care for you."

I made a face at him like a child about to cry. "But it will hurt."

"You want one foot or two?"

What the fuck kind of option is that?!

Will it cut my feet?

"You asshole, you better not cut my feet, or else I will shove them up to your ass." I threaten.

Solomon only smiles. "I can see why the boss loves you so much."

His words made me blush thinking about Don, but I suddenly made a face that turned into regrets.

"Speaking of your boss, where is he?"

Solomon started to work on my ankle, and each time his knife touched my skin or the stick's movement through my flesh, I had to hiss and bear the pain.

"Still looking for Petrov."

Mentioning of Petrov made my body tremble. "Petrov is a very cunning man. When he knows he is in danger or wants to avoid danger, he knows."

"And you doubting Don's skill in not finding him?"

"No, I don't doubt Don, it's just..." The look on Don's face when I told him what Petrov had his favor on me made him look like a different person. "Ow! Can you be gentle?"

"Sorry," Solomon feels guilty for hurting me, but I'm not mad at him. "Without us, Don can be a beast. No one can control him. Not even our supervisors. But he knows his limit of shedding blood."

I never knew this side of Don before, but it explains his dark expression earlier.

"When Eddie had him surveillance you back in London, we had all learned about your background from him. He thought you were just a rich spoiled brat that Eddie pampered and had no time to babysit. But once Don saw you with your son at the park, he saw gentleness, loving, and caring. He couldn't keep his eyes off you and won't even allow us to take turns watching you."

I feel a pinch in my ankle as Solomon pulls the stick slowly from my flesh. I tightened my fist, trying to bear the pain as he finally had it out. He then pulls out a spray bottle filled with clear liquid.

"Okay, bear the pain again." I close my eyes and feel some splash of liquid on my wound. I briefly let out a painful cry. He then took a gauze wrap from the small pockets of his belt and wrapped it around my ankle. The torture is gone, but I can still feel the pain.

"Anyways, when Don learned about Eddie's abuse of you and your son. Everything around turned dark. He had to hold his urge to kill Eddie before saving you two from that monster. He wants Eddie dead at all cost."

Don's hatred of Eddie all started the day he took the job.

"Now he knows about another man who hurt you. I'm afraid no one can stop him from killing Eddie and Petrov."

This feeling, thinking of Don and how his life turned out. Half is happy with his brothers and his mother, and the other is angry with Eddie and Petrov for using his weakness to take advantage of him. Also, the thought of him having his love at first sight with me makes me happy. But everything that has happened with his mom and his job working for Eddie is all because of me.

Don is risking his life to take down Eddie no matter what, and I feel very responsible. I love him, but is my love for him enough to protect him from any dangers?

"What is it, Tech?" His friend suddenly called Solomon. "Yeah, they are both okay. The twins are looking for What? Okay, I got it. Fuck!"

"What happened?"

"Eddie is here, and he already was informed that Sarah has escaped and is looking for her and you."

"Why does he need Sarah? Is it because of Don?"

"That I don't know, but Tech said Eddie and his men are on their way here, so we go to go."

"But how are you going to help Sarah and me?" I say. "I can't walk, and Sarah is still unconscious."

"Don't worry." I'll have you in front and carry Sarah on my back."

I shouldn't have said anything. He is Don's second-in-command; he is the second leader of this mercenary group. They remind me of that movie with Sylvester Stallone and all those action movie actors like Jet Li and Jason Statham. Both he and Don are about the same size of muscles.

In a few minutes, Sarah is strapped on his back like a backpack, and he has me in his arms like a princess. It feels weird because he's not Don, but there is no time to complain and get out of here.

*Those who forgot 'apo' in Filipino means grandchild.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late update. I post this chapter and another chapter tomorrow. This book will end with 49 chapters plus an epilogue to Seth and Terry's story. So, 50 chapters of DONOVAN in total.

Thanks a bunch, and HAPPY READING!!