5/17

Naia and you spent the night at the infirmary, and part of the next day, but eventually, Siddiq declared you out of danger, much to your relief, and allowed you to leave, even though that pounding headache was still there.

You walked back home, deciding to stay the night and leave early the next morning since you didn't want to risk losing the sun in your way to Oceanside, but you stopped in your tracks when you saw that Daryl was sat down outside your door. You panicked, wondering what to do, if maybe turn away and leave without your things and without waiting for the morning, but you didn't want to do so... also, you felt annoyed at the idea of running away from Daryl, of allowing him to make you feel like that...besides, you knew how it'd look if you did. You took a deep breath and walked to the house.

Daryl was on his feet as soon as he saw you, looking not at you but at Naia, who grinned and babbled hi. Daryl was silent, though, but he spoke when you tried to walk past him and open the door. "She's your kid?"

"You know she is," you snapped and you walked into the house.

"Wait, can we-"

"No." You didn't let him finish the sentence, closing the door behind you. He hadn't let you speak to him that day, when you went to the woods for him, had he? Besides, you didn't think you could.

"Mama?" Naia seemed to notice your mood, and you forced yourself to give her a smile.

"It's okay, sweetheart." You walked with her into the living room. "Do you want us to play with the shells?" You could leave later, you didn't want Naia to feel that something was wrong.

Naia nodded and you took the box of shells that you had collected at Oceanside. Naia loved to play with them, though sometimes you didn't know what was she playing, as she moved them around babbling nonsense, while other times she made small towers, putting together shells with similar forms but different sizes.

You had just gotten the shells out of the box when you heard Daryl knocking on the door and calling your name. Naia looked at you but you ignored it, giving her a shell, but Daryl wasn't stopping. "Keep playing, sweetheart, I'll be back in a minute."

Taking a deep breath, you walked to the door and opened it, glaring at Daryl. "Stop and leave us alone!" You snapped, and you went to close the door but Daryl was faster it, holding it back.

"She's your kid...like Judith's Michonne's, or like RJ's." He said, trying to peek into the house, and you scoffed.

"She's my biological daughter is that's what you're trying to ask." You tried to push the door closed but Daryl held it back again.

"The father?" He was looking at you and you felt like you couldn't breathe.

"Leave!" You growled, struggling to close the door, but Daryl held it back.

"Is she mine?" He asked.

"No," you felt like crying, which just made you angrier. Daryl let go of the door, and you could have closed it and leave it like that, but you didn't...you didn't know why, but you kept talking. "She could, but she stopped being yours the moment you left."

"What the hell's that supposed to mean?!" Daryl snapped, yanking the door open when you tried to close it. "You're saying she's my kid?!"

"I'm saying not anymore!" You snapped back.

"She's...she's my kid?" Daryl seeming shocked, opening and closing his mouth without saying anything before he lashed out again. "You kept my kid from me?!" He glared at you in disbelieve.

"You walked away! You left! I went to talk to you and you left!" You yelled.

"You knew, that day?! You knew and you didn't tell me?!" He yelled back, and he seemed still in shock, but so angry too. "You didn't tell me you were carrying my kid?!"