𐐒𐐚 20 : rhapsodic reminiscence ˎˊ˗

Beginne am Anfang

"She's insane. . . Holding a concert in an afternoon so hot?" One of the people whispered from the background and you could only agree.

You thought of watching the concert for the meantime since it piqued yout interest nonetheless. The surprise for Xiangling could wait for a little while.

The girl referred to as Xinyan then held the microphone stand closer to her lips, the gleeful aura surrounding her never leaves. "Are you ready?" She exclaims, strumming a singular chord as the crowd screamed their hearts out in response.

Xinyan was appalled and let out a chuckle. "3, 2, 1 go!" She shouted and started to strum and fiddle with the strings of her lyre.

She banged her head along with the beat, bass and drums can almost be heard from the music.

You turned to look at the backup performers of her, you saw two familiar figures playing in the background.

The one playing the bass guitar was the man you saw on Xiangling's restaurant who had amber tints at the tips of his long, black hair.

Rubbing your eyes at the sight, the scene was disturbing yet amusing at the same time.

Who knew a man of old age could play an instrument and expose himself to the crowd? Especially playing rock music. Or he couldn't be that old, you shrugged of the thought and glanced at the drummer instead.

To put it at words, the drummer had a small mask hiding his face, but the figure wasn't so tall to say the least. He had jade and other jewelry embellishments, and a pair of duo-colored gloves that ring a bell to you.

It couldn't be.

"Xiao?!"

You forcibly widened your eyes as you  got up, with Xiao sitting right by your side. He got startled from your sudden utterance of his name and looked at you with a look of worry on his face.

"Are you alright?" He asks, cupping your face with his gloved right hand.

Eyeing your surroundings carefully, you answered. "Yeah, I am. It's just that I had a weird dream,"

"Like Liyue in crack, or something."

"What are we doing here again?" You asked and Xiao assisted you on sitting up.

"Regarding that, we're here to.." He pauses for a brief moment, blinking repetitively, "Spend some leisure time... Together..."

You nodded, "So... A date?"

"I suppose. Since I'm going to get busy by then, for harmful souls roaming around Liyue are about to arise soon." He responded in a monotonous voice.

A cold breeze of wind blew, the nature sounds of the forest engulfed the whole place for a moment while the two of you only enjoyed the solicitude.

The rustling of the leaves soon diminished, the croaking noises fading along with it.

And the atmosphere was filled with silence.

Most people would refer to silent moments as uncomfortable and unsettling, but Xiao was the opposite.

He always loved the calm, serene silence for he always had been used as a weapon from his olden days. The olden days wherein a God used him only for his own advantage and convenience, and there was nothing Xiao can hear but the screams of pain and agony of the dreams he used to devour.

It was a fateful encounter a God freed him from and evil one's grasp.

He thought there would be no other life-changing event he may face as days went on, but he was proved to be wrong as you two crossed paths.

Although you mock him sometimes and leave him hanging from your lecherous lip service such as the day before the Mingxiao Lantern was released, there was something in you that he loved and will continue on loving.

Xiao reached out from his back pocket and gripped the Yaksha mask he possesses.

He scanned each parts carefully, his golden eyes conveying reminiscence of how far he'd gone already.

Never did he think he'd feel the word love.

Never did he think he'd get bound by strings of attachment towards a temporary being.

Xiao still couldn't swallow the pill of truth, whereas everything he encounters will soon reach their own end, except from him.

"You say that you will be busy nowadays, right?" You said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He hums, a frown further pulling his lips down.

You scoot over closer to him and held his hand gently, the warmth sensation easing everything Xiao is feeling.

"Be sure to keep safe always, although I know well you're a tough one for sure."

He scoffs, "Then what was that for?"

"It doesn't harm someone when you tell them to be safe does it?" You retorted. "You're right. It's not bad to hear that from someone for a while."

˖  ਏਓ   ˖

༺ ˖࣪  ∗ ਏਓ ∗  ˖࣪ ༻