𐐒𐐚 19 : heightless hopes ˎˊ˗

Zacznij od początku

"If that's the price to pay as long as I spend my time with you, then I suppose it's okay."

"Pointless." Xiao retorts with a singular word and holds your wrist gently, meanwhile you only hummed in response. "Hold on tight." He murmurs and wields his Jade spear by his hand. Xiao then prepares his stance and leaped off the hill as you clung onto him.

From the pace of Xiao's speed, you could tell he's not as fast as he was from the time he brought you to the Harbor.

"Why're you slowing down? Are you tired?" You tried to make your words as audible as possible, despite the blustering winds that bang throughout your ears disturbing your hearing. "Is it because you don't want this moment to be over yet?~"

Poking fun at the adeptus, you only put up a smirk as he only gritted his teeth.

Earning no reaction from Xiao aside from his facial expression, you buried your face deeper on to his toned chest, his scent reminded you of nothing but vanilla and cinnamon  you'd smell from a peaceful morning.

Even though you practically look like a person who developed an unhealthy obsession for strong fragance and aromas, Xiao didn't seem to mind and only let you as he kept on travelling on foot from forest to forest.

Time flew by quick as Xiao stopped in his tracks, only to realize you ended up on the balcony of the Inn.

He settles you down from his grasp and slowly walks towards the wooden railings, looking up at the gleaming crescent moon that hovers lonely at the vast, illuminated sky.

"Have you really not once thought of severing the threads that bind us together?"

You widened your eyes, his question was out of the blue.

"Why would I want to end this?" You replied.

Xiao sighs and looks down, "I've told you earlier. It will only be unfortunate to get involved with someone like me."

"Why?"

"It's the Yakshas' duty to fulfill what they signed up for. The duty includes purging evil souls who perseveres to harm the citizens of Liyue and those evil souls are the remnants left from the ceased gods thirst for revenge that Rex Lapis put an end to." Xiao answers, clenching his fists.

"And the consequence of dealing with those vengeful souls are we suffer along with them, also called as Karma." He adds.

It sure is tough.

Protecting Liyue for a millenia and dealing with the Karma.

This made you realize how hard it has been for Xiao, and allowed you to understand a piece of him.

It must've been the reason he avoids human contact too much for he might get attached and hurt the ones important to him unintentionally.

And what happens when you distance yourself from the others is that you wouldn't know how to fit in as well.

You were at a loss for words once you finally connected the dots. There are no words you could find nor utter as a sign of comfort for the adeptus.

So you ran up to him and held him tight, closing the gap between you two.

Xiao was taken aback and flinched as soon as his skin made contact with yours all of a sudden. His eyes widened and his mind spiraled in nothing but confusion.

His bare back was warm, and you pulled him closer to you, savoring the moment and feeling.

"I've never been in the same position as you so I don't know what to say." You spoke, "But I sincerely hope this could make you feel better and make all the burden you're carrying in your chest go away."

Upon hearing your words, the feeling of anxiety and dubiety deep inside him slowly vanished, Xiao finally felt relieved and let his arms rest on his both sides, eased up.

He holds your hands that enclosed him to your body, feeling the tight warm embrace as a tear slowly formed in his amber, golden orb.

As much as he tried to let it fall down, it streamed down his cheek in an instant and felt the hot droplet on your hand.

"I will always be here, Xiao." You mumbled to his right ear while he only stood there, a bittersweet expression painted on his face. 

Xiao knew deep down it's trivial to meddle with mere mortals as he is not one himself but still, there was a part of him that wished moments like these would never cease.

And if this was all nothing but a dream, he wouldn't mind to indulge in it.

˖  ਏਓ   ˖

A/Q: What's your favorite element and why?