BUTTERFLIES

Juliet was your worst enemy

The statement pained you to say, but it was true. Ever since you had moved to her high school, she was set on making your life a living hell by pushing you to the limit. She constantly teased you just to get a reaction. No matter how much it angered you, you couldn't get away from her—she was a part of your friend group, especially since she was dating Andy Biersack.

And that was exactly what she was doing right now. She twirled a blonde strand around her finger as she looked at you with a smirk. Today, she had decided to mock your voice, using an accent that was so not you.

"I don't talk like that!" you huffed.

Juliet just continued to smile. "Whatever you say, Y/N."

Almost as if on cue, Andy appears at her side, slinking a arm around her waist. "You guys ready for lunch?"

Juliet nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek. You held back a smart remark at the sickeningly sweet display of affection. Andy was the glue to your friend group. With a charming smile and a heart of gold, every girl wanted him. But Juliet was the only one who had caught his attention.

The bell squeals and students pour out into the hallway. Lunch was about to start. You take one final glance at the happy couple and walk outside to the courtyard, seeing your friends already at the table.

"Hey!" Ashley Costello greets with a bright smile. The half-head Goth was your best friend and had been since elementary school.

You sit by her side, in between her and Lzzy Hale. Lzzy was another part of your large friend group. She was loud and had a voice that everyone was envious of. She held a stack of flyers in her hands.

"Are you excited for the battle of the bands?" you asked. Lzzy smiled and nodded, handing out flyers to anyone who walked by your table. Her band, Halestorm, had entered the annual competition. And knowing her competitive nature, she was determined to win.

"I can't wait!" CC, aka Christian Coma, says with a grin. He was a part of Lzzy's band and couldn't be any more excited to perform. He was always so bubbly, with the energy of a Golden Retriever.

It isn't long before the rest of your friend group—Inna Logvin, her boyfriend Jake Pitts, and Jinxx Ferguson are all sitting at the table. Jinxx kept his guitar at his side. He was the quietest of the group and barely spoke. However, you all knew that he was fun to be around.

"Where is Juliet and Andy?" Inna wonders aloud. The beautiful blonde had joined your group not long after you had. She moved from her home country in Ukraine to the United States, and fell hard and fast for the most confident one out of your friend group, Jake.

"They're probably making out in the janitor's closet," Ashley replied, stuffing a fry into her mouth. Everyone shudders at the thought.

"You've been arguing with her more than usual," Lzzy says to you. "Is there any reason why?" She gives you a pointed look.