❝ Yes, we'll head there immediately. ❞ The son and the mother remained clueless until further notice of their father spitting out the importance. ❝ What's wrong dad? ❞ The handsome young man was also startled to notice his father's concerned reaction earlier. ❝ Your grandfather's currently being held in the 'Intensive Care Unit' centre, he's in a pretty bad condition. ❞

The Park family rushed towards their behold hospital room where they obtained the chairman of the 'SSS' company, who was also the grandad of Jongseong.

❝ Grandpa! ❞ Jay exclaimed in relief after spotting the elderly who's crouched on his bed.

With eyes stuck up onto the polystyrene tiles from above, the unconscious senior-citizen-aged elderly heard the hospital door swiftly open as his beloved family members stepped inside.

Sadness swallowed Jongseong up to eye his grandfather suffering on the bed like a lifeless human. An endotracheal tube was inserted into the grandfather's mouth as he assisted a ventilator to continue breathing up to this day.

But his disastrous lungs were at their worst to add it, meaning that only a few days remained as the last moment of his life.

❝ Jongseong-ah, behave well my dear. ❞

Judging from the elders' gloomy atmosphere, Jay could assume that their conversation won't end up all happy and all as he was signalled to leave the dreadful hospital room.

Leaning against the clean wall, Jongseong remained silent as his heavy pants just loaded around the room. The young adult in his late teens exhaled upon tugging his fidgeting fingers inside the cosy pockets.

His dry throat was pleading for a liquid, which led the charming one to have no choice but stop by a vending machine. Jay might be some fancy rich dude but that kid behaved like an average teen after hanging out with his pals for life. Chugging down the grape soda, the youngster just strolled his eyes around the busily-processed hospital which their family owned.

Just when the young adult was taking a seat and watching the news with no interest at all, a figure seized his attention as Jongseong noticed how fast his gestures accessed.

It was her again.

A smirk sheepishly displayed on the Park's face as his prematurely astute eyes chased along with the feminine figure. But Jongseong's witty face transformed into something more serious when another character followed behind the young female.

Jesus Christ, it just had to be her boyfriend again.

The way his hands were firmly protecting Mijin's shoulder just made Jay wanna crunch his can out of fury and jealousy. Why should he be jealous over some sort of stranger whom he'd just met?

❝ Excuse me, pretty lady. ❞ Jongseong sugar-coated his flirtatious words to approach one of the nurses at the reception with a sly smile. The fluttered woman dramatically tucked a hair strand behind her ears to encounter the rich playboy whose dad was the owner of the hospital. Jongseong knew very well about how people will never be able to resist his charms, just like how this woman flickered just by being hypnotized with his sweet tone.

❝ How may I help you? ❞

Jay continuously tapped the cream-coloured counter before getting onto the topic of thinking about the youngster who's quite distanced from him by now.

❝ Can I know which one of Mijin's relatives is inside Room 127? My dad's the owner of this hospital. ❞ Jongseong's last sentence sounded like a persuasion for the nurse to slip out some information as she realized that it's one of the powerful Park family members in South Korea whom she's talking to.

❝ Ohh, that Na family? ❞ Pointing an index finger at the gradually exiting girl, the nurse got a nod from Jongseong in clarification. ❝ It's her father that's charged in the hospital. He's in a coma, stage 2 for now after getting into a car crash. ❞ Jongseong nodded, comprehending the sentence thoroughly. Maybe it's the reason why her face's being gloomy all the time, cause of her father's disastrous condition.

Na Mijin's background was also a catchy mystery for Jay to research. But he didn't care whether she had a wealthy or stable background or not.

What's on the upper hand was that he's interested in the girl for now.

❝ I'll purchase their monthly hospital bills from now on. ❞

« end of a chapter »