Nodding in agreement, the protective brother of Mijin wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Jay Park just growled in annoyance since he was short-tempered with feisty anger if he ever misses an opportunity.

If Park Jongseong wants it, he gets it.

But this dude right here was just ten times faster than him to claim the pure girl Mijin before he could even lay a finger on her.

' Damn you. '

Panting heavily whilst arriving at a convenience store, Mijin could properly breathe in peace at last. ❝ Who's that guy from earlier? Is he stalking or courting you? ❞ Jaemin finally had a chance to ask since they had lost track of the mischievous dude. ❝ No one important, just some bothersome brat of the campus. ❞

Mijin yawned while leaning against the counter as she spoke. ❝ Sup guys. ❞ The generous cashier, Lee Jeno who was also Jaemin's best friend greeted the two siblings with his warm eye smile.

❝ Our Mijinie is getting courted is all I can tell. ❞

Jaemin scratched his attractive brows in confusion before the youngster came back with a banana milk bottle in her hand.

❝ I already told you, bro. It's not like that. ❞ 

Mijin explained whilst exhaling heavily as Jeno just awkwardly told the cost while watching the convo between the heated cousins. ❝ Oh really? I can feel his heavy eyes on you. Bet he'll even be more whipped once you smile at him. ❞ , Jaemin with a playful smirk said meanwhile Jeno just enjoyed the cousins' talk show.

Mijin heavily sighed before glancing at her cousin brother real quick. ❝ And what? Hurt more people? I've had enough of it. ❞ , the saddened girl disappointedly said as she was trying her very best to remain strong but partially failing.

The tension just rose a bit as Jaemin facepalmed himself in disappointment. Well, shit. He shouldn't have mentioned her smile.

❝ Wait, didn't you say that you're gonna visit uncle today? ❞ , Jeno suddenly brought up as his best friend just nodded as a clarification.

-

Entering the chilly hospital room which remained silent, Mijin just gifted an apologetic smile beneath the whitish mask which prevented her horrific smile from being seen. ❝ Mom, I came to drop by some gifts. ❞

To be honest, the young adult didn't even have the courage to face the elderly's face due to what she had done.

She wasn't even her real biological mother but who cares?

❝ Dear, have you been eating properly? Why do you look so pale and weak? ❞

But the sweet family reassured her that it was none of her fault to get blamed every time as she just couldn't help but be guilty. Eyeing over the charged patient who soullessly laid against the hospital bed, Mijin's heart ached to see the impacted male who was nearly dead all because of her.

None of this wouldn't have happened if she didn't smile that day when her non-biological father—precisely her uncle came to pick her up at school.

Jaemin noticed his little sister's faded expression which was so cloudy and dark so he insisted they head back home quick.

❝ I'll make something for you to eat, hang on for a bit. ❞

The girl just flashed a pale smile under the mask before excusing herself upstairs. Jaemin loathed fate for dragging Mijin into this unnecessary type of mess up to the point when the girl lost the chance to curve her lips without being guilty.

Visualizing the burnt paper on her desk, the girl frustratedly messed her strands up with anger in herself for clumsily slipping out smiles like always. She could face any type of difficulties except for harming others with her existence if it's far from her desire.

Mijin covered her reddish ears which were messed up with the echoes of the devil inside her which kept on convincing her to carelessly hurt others.

How many people will get hurt because of her?

Dripping down crystallized tears on the peachy cheeks, Mijin hugged her knees on the soft mattress as she wanted to be at ease and express happiness. By smiling so freely, just like how any other human being could but her...

Seeing upon the glorious stars which were all set in the sky, she wished that there would at least be a revolution against her mad curse.

To set her lips free without hurting anyone.

To seek help from a particular someone who could help her smile again.

« end of a chapter »