12.

xiaomei and her fellow guards were sitting on the fighting ground; healing their wounds

"general why are we going to Eleftheria tomorrow~?" jiang whined at the female who was being aided by chenle.

"because there's something i want to look for, a problem?" xiaomei looked at jiang with a raised brow. jiang began to rapidly shake his head at the girls intimidating stare.

xiaomei had already chose a few people to go with tomorrow morning; renjun, jiang, dejun, caihong and lastly, yukhei.

although xiaomei didn't want to bring yukhei at first, she decided to bring him along to ask about the mask she wore. to her surprise, yukhei has said yes  to her request.

"the four of you that are going sh-" without being able to finish her sentence, she looked over to the doors to see prince kun and prince sicheng standing there together.

"your highnesses." xiaomei releases herself from chenle's grip and stands up; bowing to the two royals. following her actions was everyone else that sat with xiaomei.

at their respectful greeting, sicheng and kun slightly bowed back to them.

"we actually just came to thank you all today." prince sicheng said with a smile. xiaomei stepped forward and bowed at a 90 degree angle before standing straight again.

"a pleasure to protect you." xiaomei smiles softly before turning back to everyone else.

"you all can go rest, especially the four coming tomorrow." at her dismissal, they all said their goodbyes before leaving out the doors.

"how can i help you?" xiaomei asks, removing the smile from her face.

"we just came to say-"

"no, there's another reason you're here. what is it?" xiaomei narrows her eyes at the two princes who just stared at each other.

"well..we wanted to know where you got your mask?" kun asks. although he was the higher person, he was indeed afraid of the girl.

"an old friend." while sicheng stood with curiosity, kun stood with a raised brow.

"sicheng you should go rest."

"but i don't-" the younger prince tried to protest but as usual, he was rejected.

"go." sicheng sighed before waving goodbye to xiaomei. he left through the doors and closed it behind him.

xiaomei watched as his figure grew smaller in the distance before she turned back to prince kun.

"let me guess, na jaemin?" at the prince's words, xiaomei's jaw dropped and her eyes widened. at her reaction, kun nodded his head before looking at the moon.

"he's the son of a guard from my kingdom. after his father and mother died, he began to go his own ways in life. from what i know of him, he's just like you."

xiaomei's face twisted in disgust at the last sentence.

"him and i are nothing alike."

"you think that but you are both so similar. both of you are victims of a situation yet you're both forced to play the role of the villain. once it happens, you both continue to play villain because you know that the damage is done and everyone will see you as a villain. you both think that there's no changing it."

kun words shot xiaomei like an arrow to the heart. his words were all true and xiaomei couldn't deny it.

"i must be honest but you caught me there. now if i could ask, what do you know about the mask?"

ever since dingbang's words about the mask, xiaomei had been dying to know about it. something in her itched to know the story of the mask.

"you have to find out for yourself tomorrow at Eleftheria. everything you need to know is within the temple there." xiaomei looks at the prince with confusion written all over her face until the large wave of realisation hit her.

"no way..the temple of Tacenda?"

the temple of Tacenda; a forgotten and neglected yet mysterious temple. the temple is never touched and no one dares to go close to it. according to rumours, the temple of Tacenda is said to hold much power and secrets. It's said that by entering and surviving through the temple, everything you need to hear will be answered.

"exactly. everything is in there." kun's eyes bored into xiaomei's shocked ones.

"how does it have what i need?"

"you'll know when you get there. scrolls, writing, drawings, weapons, everything is there."

prince kun was quick to leave the fighting grounds while xiaomei continued to stand there alone.

"i'm screwed.."

yes i did accidentally publish this last night