Prologue

It was an ordinary day in the Helviiryn estate. The only thing to make this day worth mentioning at all is the birth of the only daughter of Riklaunim and Zendaryn Helviiryn, Dhaustnee. Born into the Lady's chambers of the decorous house came a baby with eyes of pale lilac and hair of white. Though this baby wasn't of any great beauty, she was the mirror's reflection of her mother.

As time passed and the young girl grew her responsibilities grew with her. Being the only daughter of the household Dhaustnee was aware of the expectation of her future marriage. In order to be a good governess, she was to be a well-rounded, well-educated girl. Taking classes in just about any subject one could imagine, she found a particular interest in tales of adventure; whether they be told via music, text, or work of art, Dhaustnee was enthralled. Her favorites were the tales told of adventurous women for she had only ever come to know women who serve. She made a vow to herself that she too would, one day, be told in such tales. And for that reason, some years later, she snuck out of her family's estate in server's clothes, possessing only what she could carry.

At this, the beginning of her tale of adventure, she thought of home and her mother. She was secure in the knowledge that she would one day return again. But for now, she was on her way to the Overbright.