4. Chapter Two- Smiles

Start from the beginning

"Everything will be explained in due time but for now please follow me and we will find the princess later."

Everyone's eyes widened.

"Well then who is she?" Someone blurted out. Some of the people who had turned their head to look at the brunette with white clout glasses was in fact, the one who shouted.

Phil sighed. "Like I said all will be explained in due time but for now we need to get out of danger, the ceremony was hosted too late."

"Phil, what's happening?" A blank voice asked. It was Techno. Phil only chuckled, it didn't sound like a pleasant one though, it almost sounded sad. Philza merely sent him a tired glance, rolling his eyes in the process.

"Your sister loves to give us a run for our crowns." Philza shrugged. He started to walk in another direction, entering the castle doors.

The dark oak doors groaned as they opened, a large gust of warm air tickling my face softly. Everyone entered with heavy steps, all pondering, probably thinking 'exactly what did I get myself into?'. I internally sighed feeling the warmth of the castle fireplace engulf me, it was bittersweet. A sour taste filled my mouth as a wave of nostalgia traced my skin. I shivered as a pained expression flashed across my face. I pressed my lips into a thin line, tapping the rim of my cold mask beside my eye as I inhaled soundlessly, the feeling of eyes tingling on my skin, like needles grazing the surface. I open my eyes and find myself staring into piercing blue eyes. Phil's gaze bore into me. I stared back at the blonde who studied me curiously. It was clear he was judging every contestant carefully, his awareness of his surroundings was spiking like static. Some people seemed to squirm a little under his analyzing eyes, clearly they thought it unnerving. I turned my head to the left in hopes of breaking the eye contact only to continue to feel his eyes lingering on my face.

"Can you explain now?" Dream had spoken up for everyone. His arms were crossed and his voice stern.

"Well, what is there to explain." Philza sighed. Bringing a hand to his face he rubbed it tiredly.

"Mr. Philza, you said 'find the princess' if the princess isn't Minx then who am I fighting for? Who and where the fuck is this 'princess'? I want to know what I got myself into." I whipped my head over not recognizing the voice as any of the contestants.

It was Schlatt. I forgot he had a wildcard.

Wildcards. Seemingly a second chance for a person to claw their way to the top. Certain people who sign up and have been chosen randomly to be given a stamp beside their name. They are picked purely out of luck, mostly these 'wildcards' are a saving grace for people who manage to get eliminated once. Wildcards only give you one more chance, the next time you fail, it's the tip of the blade.

Schlatt, Eret, and a few others had gotten wildcards but they weren't allowed to take the same tunnel as other contestants. It probably took them a while to get here. I thought, my memories and ideas spinning throughout my head.

Phil smiled tiredly before letting out an exasperated sigh. I smiled at this, it had reminded me of old memories of a time when everyone was happier.

"Alright, alright." He chuckled lightly. "I'll do my best to provide you with answers but only one question at a time."

I didn't have a lot of questions though I'm guessing everyone else did since they were all practically buzzing with curiosity. Sighing, I leaned on the nearby wall, my eyelids fluttering shut as I simply listened to the commotion.

-With Phil-

"So what questions do you have, and only one by one please." Phil smiled.

"Why does Technoblade know you?" Dream said bluntly. He was the first to speak up.