4. Chapter Two- Smiles

Start from the beginning

In a way it was actually cute.

"Well if it isn't the one and only." He chuckled. I cocked my head to the side curiously like a puppy, not quite understanding what he meant.

"I think I've met an angel from Heaven." He purred. Hell no bitch I am out.

"Ah, a delusional idiot, I thought your kind was disposed of in the ditch behind the castle. Do you want me to escort you to your deathbed?" I said in a monotonous way. I left him to think of a retort while I gently pried his arms off me, making sure not to grip too hard, so I could hop down from his grasp.

Smiling to myself as two boys ran up to the masked man while teasing, taunting and snickering. Their friendship was peculiar but amazing in a way. A small feeling bloomed in my chest, it felt suffocating, but strangely pleasant. My mind went dizzy with thoughts whirling around, all simultaneously synchronized on the warm weight in my lungs.

It didn't take much longer to reach because soon we had arrived at the castle's inner walls, they towered high above your head, the stone pale and smooth almost glittering under the sunlight that leaked through the clouds, you could trail you eyes along the lines between the cool, smooth stones and watch the ends point skywards. There was calm air around everyone and a happy silence no one dared to break.

Nobody needed to speak, the skies grew dark, casting an angry shadow over the kingdoms and townspeople. The ground shook underneath our feet pebbles seemed to shiver and the walls shuddered, somehow holding themselves strong against the small quakes that rippled through our anchor, the soil trembled and the dirt dusted, loud cracks like whips sounded and bounced in the dusty air, cracks were forming in the earth below us. Everyone had eyes wide with panic, heart pounding in their chest that seemed to beat in their ears.

I was frozen. I stood, completely steady unlike those around me who wobbled, their knees shuddering as their legs wobbled.

"Damn, it seems we hosted the princesses' coronation too late." Everyone whipped their heads over to see a blonde man who was holding his chin in his hand and his palm holding his elbow.

The man had an exasperated look on his face, clearly disappointed but why he was was a mystery.with ash coloured wings, the feathers ruffled slightly due to his agitation and worry. Unlike earlier he didn't wear fancy clothes and capes but instead he wore a green robe with a black coat overlapping it, and a green and white striped sun hat. He wore wooden sandals and overall a simple looking appearance. Not many would be able to tell if he was a king or a commoner.

Beside the man was Minx, her purple-dyed hair tied into a loose low ponytail, she wore a loose black T-shirt, a brown leather belt on her waist, baggy cargo pants that were rolled up to halfway up her calves, she wore boots with thick red soles and overall a very casual compared to the heavy gown she had worn only hours earlier. Her eyeliner was sharp and completely flawless, and completely on point just like the rest of her makeup.

Everyone peered curiously at the blonde man who didn't notice the stares aimed his way, as if he was in his own little world.

I stared at the ground blankly but my expression was hidden behind the mask, cold to the touch. I felt my fingers tingle in anticipation, my body felt cold, but in a way it was comforting. A numbing sensation clouded my chest as I blinked away my thoughts, all of them banging on my skull, screaming at me.

"Oh, pardon me, I'm Philza for those of you who are unaware." He perked up, a soft smile adorned his face but it didn't last long. The ground groaned once more and Phil's expression quickly morphed into one of frustration, his brows knit together and his lips pressed together in a thin line, his eyes glinting with worry.