Chapter 6: Alcohol's Organic, Right?

ابدأ من البداية

So I simply continued to stare through the imaginary fog that my drowsy state of mind had concocted, until the figure became clearer.

I knew that face.

My face lit up in a sneer as I spoke, " Oh my goodness, well if isn't my favorite person in the world, Cha! What do you think you're doing trying to get into this house, you weren't," to my own abhorrence, I giggled," formally invited!"

I opened the door wider, for now I was confident there was not a murderer at the door. The effort almost made me trip over my own feet, and I was obligated to use my arm to hold myself up.

There was an awkward silence as Chance watched me gracefully prop my arm up against the door. To fill the uncomfortable air, I foolishly, decided to take a swig from the bottle still present in my hands.

It was then that it decided to speak, " Please tell me you weren't the first to drink from that bottle." His voice was filled with worry.

Even in my drunken haze, I found that entirely hilarious and my mouth decided giggle again.

" Well I didn't drink all of it. I spilled some on some random girls and I can't really say that it was involuntary. They were pissed!" I laughed loudly this time as I recalled the girl that tried to threaten me with lipstick as her weapon.

Chance looked at me uncomfortably, clearly unused to my abundant display of actual amusement.

As Chance grimaced at me, I realized I should have probably been trying to make an effort to look like I was not entirely impaired because I saw myself above Chance, however terrible that may be, and anything that proved he was somewhat more "responsible" than I was, was incredibly detrimental to the image I wanted to be perceived as.

So, I quickly pulled my arm from its hold on the door and attempted to stand up straight.

This endeavor resulted in me almost toppling over into Chance like a bowling pin.

Together, we crashed down onto the rough pavement of the steps to the front entrance.

As I hit the ground, I could feel the abrupt impact of the fall and hear a distinct crunch.

I took a moment to orientate myself before opening my eyes; I could hear a loud ringing in my ears as well as detect a firm cushioning underneath me.

The reality of the situation slowly dawned upon me as I slowly opened my eyes.

I blinked away the copious stars in my vision as I focused on the distinct image in front of me.

I was met with pale blue eyes, entirely unlike my own.

Chance.

I looked down upon the freckled face merely inches from mine with a sort of contentment. I felt rather comfortable and in the state I was in, I wanted nothing more to fall asleep...

Chance!

As my mind screamed at me, I quickly scrambled off the boy beneath me. I rolled over onto my side, hoping I had not shown any hints of blatantly staring.

I looked over at Chance who was slowly making his way up to his feet. At that moment, I did not believe I was capable of completing such a feat, so I opted to remain sedentary.

Chance still seemed a little shocked, and so, hesitantly, I spoke, " Um... Are you by any chance, damaged in any way if so I would advise -"

Chance interrupted me, " I'm fine, you're not exactly 'heavy' and I think the bigger issue is not the state of my health, but yours. Have you not looked at yourself?"