--

Camila did notice when one friend was missing from the lunch table though, "Where's Lauren?" she asked generally to her three friends.

They all looked at each other for a moment, Normani finally answering unsurely,"I think she's sitting with the team today."

"Yeah," Dinah said as she pointed to the table that Lauren was sitting at, "There she is."

Camila furrowed her brows, "Why is she sitting with them?"

"Probably had to go over some strategies for the softball game this weekend," Ally quickly replied.

"Then why aren't you over there?" Camila asked Dinah, who was also on the softball team.

All three of the girls felt like they were noticeably sweating everywhere under this pressure, Dinah quickly recovered though, "Cause Heather is there and I fuckin hate Heather. She isn't even on the team, she's just the manager," Dinah scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Camila nodded understandably, she still longingly looked over at Lauren as she had barely spoken to her all day; Camila never goes a day like this, with barely any interaction with her best friend, and embarrassingly missed her presence, like really missed her presence.

Tuesday

Camila walked into school with her three friends, one was still missing for some reason she didn't know. "Where's Lauren?" That seems to be Camila's favorite question. Before Normani could think up a response, they all got their answer when right in the middle of the hallway, an angry Lauren grabbed Brad by his collar and slammed him into the lockers.

"I'm not scared of you, Jauregui," Brad said, his voice betraying him as it slightly quivered.

Lauren laughed in amusement, "Sure you aren't," she pulled him forward and then pushed him back against the lockers, even harder than she had pushed him initially, creating a loud bang and causing him to cry out in pain. "Say you're sorry."

"I'm sorry," Brad quickly replied, "I'm really really sorry."

With that Lauren let him go, he slid down the lockers as his group of friends laughed at him, Austin included in that group. Finally Lauren looked towards the lockers on the other side of the hallway and saw her group of friends who had watched the scene, her eyes immediately meeting Camila's. Camila smiled and eagerly waved her over, Lauren smiled back and walked over to them. When she got there, Camila immediately greeted her, "Why hello, Lauren."

"Why hello, Camila," Lauren replied with the smile still on her face as Camila pulled her in for a hug.

Dinah curiously asked, "What did the twink do this time?"

"The usual, said I could 'get it' if I weren't a nasty dyke," Lauren shrugged, "He thinks I can't hear him when he's bullshitting with his friends, you'd think he'd know better by now."

Camila shook her head, mad that Brad is still saying ignorant things like that; ever since Lauren came out two years ago, her friends and family were all supportive but that didn't stop her from receiving some slurs here and there. Camila, herself, would get very mad and defensive at anyone who talked about Lauren like that, even got into a fight with Austin one time because of it.

Camila turned to open her locker, she heard Lauren say she was going to get to class, she quickly turned around to say goodbye but Lauren was already halfway down the hall, practically running away. Camila pouted then turned back to her open locker, not expecting to see that she had received yet another bouquet of roses with a note attached. She instantly smiled as excitedly unfolded the note to read it. She bit her lip while reading it; she enjoyed the fact it wasn't a clever rhyme scheme poem, just a simple love note that undoubtedly made Camila blush as she kept on reading it.