The First Day

The glass doors of the hotel shattered as I pushed my way into the empty room. The zombies were still coming towards me, and fast, but the chairs and tables left in the lobby slowed them down a little. I had no weapons, no protection, and I was exhausted from running, but I couldn't stop; not unless I wanted to die.

I reached a door marked 'main hall' and tried to get in, but something was blocking the other side of the door. I had nothing to pry it open with, but the creatures were still coming towards me. The clicks of their teeth echoed through the hallway as they neared and I prepared myself for what was about to happen. I had nowhere else to turn. This was it. I closed my eyes and tried to climb onto some boxes, which would atleast hold them off for a little while. Suddenly, I realised that my head was pressed against an air vent; but it was what I could hear from the next room that made me stop. Voices. Movement. People.

'Hey! Help me! Please let me in!' I yelled, hoping that doors would swing open at any minute and my life would be spared. Instead, I noticed a fuzzy light coming from behind the zombies, and it was getting closer. I covered my face with my hands to try and protect myself from the blood splatters that came next. Someone was killing the vicious flesheaters, one by one, until they were all gone.

'You okay up there?' a male voice asked, as his hand reached up to help me down off the boxes. Instead of replying, I threw my arms around the stranger and just stayed silent for a while.

'I'm Charlie,' he said, removing the mask that covered his face. He offered his hand for me to shake, which I gladly accepted.

'Emily,' I replied, a huge grin forming on my face. 'Thanks for saving me,'

'You're welcome, babe. You on your own?'

The smile dropped then. I had been with a friend; we were at the arena watching a concert, but when the infected starting coming in it all turned chaotic. I'd lost her in all the chaos.

'You don't have to say if you don't want to. Come on, you can stay with us,'

'Us?' I asked, confused. Charlie just pointed to the main hall before grabbing my hand and pulling me along with him.

It was only when we entered the lighter room that I could see just who had saved my life, and who he was with.

'Lads, this is Emily. Emily, this is--'

'I know. Casey, Reece, Jake, Barclay, James, Chris and Tom.' I said, leaving all of the boys in silence. 'Stereo Kicks. I've just been at your concert.' I sighed, a tiny smile forming at the corner of my mouth.

*****************************************
Sooo..
I decided to combine my two favourite things, Stereo Kicks & zombies, bc why not:')

Please vote/comment etc, thankyouuu ♡♡