Celebration Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Kai joined us after finding a parking spot and we started our conversation.

Lay kicked off the conversation. "So, Y/N, are you excited?"

"I am, yeah. I'm also quite nervous since this is all new to me." I giggled in an attempt to hide my awkwardness.

"But I'll be there to help you along the way so it'll be okay." He reassured me.

I looked at him and smiled. He doesn't seem like the guy to do act this way. So why is he doing it now? "Thank you." I said before turning my attention back on everyone else.

Baekhyun cleared his throat before speaking. "Chanyeol, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Chanyeol was taken aback by the sudden request. "Um. . . Sure."

They both got up and headed towards the front of the restaurant. We sat in silence before Xiumin broke it.

"So, tell us, and be honest, WHAT'S GOING ON BETWEEN YOU AND CHANYEOL?" He whisper-yelled.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently.

"I've. . . We've never seen him like this before." Xiumin added.

"Are you guys doing stuff?" Lay blurted.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him sternly. "No. We aren't."

"I'm kind of curious myself." Kai chimed in. "He told me about the time he went over to her place to be there for her when she had bad anxiety."

I shot Kai a look that said Really. You had to tell them that. Lay and Xiumin grinned slyly.

"We're waiting for an answer." Lay said impatiently.

I sighed deeply. "There's nothing going on between us. We've just been talking about the whole co-leading situation."

"Then explain why he was over at your place." Xiumin demanded.

"I was having a mental breakdown because of everything that has happened. I was simply enjoying time with my friend one minute and the next I'm about to help lead a gang! So many questions came to mind at once and it was too much for me to handle. I guess I called him without knowing I did, but I knew I needed to talk to someone. So, he came over and we talked through it until I was able to finally sleep."

"Mhmm. Sure." Lay said half-believing what I said.

"I believe you, Y/N." Xiumin assured me.

"Well, he told me so I have to side with Y/N on this one. Sorry, Lay." Kai joked.

"I believe that happened, but I can't help but think that something's brewing. I saw the way he looked at you and it makes me think." Lay justified himself and looked over to Kai for an answer.

"I cannot confirm or deny this." Kai stated.

"What's that supposed to mean? Confirm or deny what? There's nothing going on." I insisted. "All I know is what I feel and even then, I'm not too sure what that is."

"So you do have feelings!" Lay exclaimed.

"Do explain." Lay said curiously.

"How can I explain something I don't understand myself?" I retorted.

"Ooooo. She got you there!" Xiumin said while hiding a laugh.

We continued talking and laughing until Chanyeol and Baekhyun returned. The table was silent for a moment until Kai spoke up.

"Is everything okay, boss?"

Chanyeol nodded while staring at the empty table. I looked to Baekhyun and give him a confused look. He mouthed "later" and I nodded. Our server arrived to take our orders. After ordering, the atmosphere turned cheerful again as we were laughing and talking like we were before Baekhyun talked to Chanyeol, but something was off. Chanyeol kept to himself which was unlike him from what I've seen and gathered. I tried to get his attention, but he didn't budge. I shrugged it off and continued talking with the others. I hope he's okay.