𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐳𝐞

Start from the beginning

The pair was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Erm... Diana?"

The duo turned around, coming face to face with Harry, along with Ron and Hermione, the pair standing off to the side behind their bespeckled friend.

"Harry." Diana said cordially, her voice that was normally warm, unrecognizable as it was replaced by a tone so sharp it could cut the frayed thread that was Harry and Diana's withering friendship.

"I was just um wondering, do you know or have any relationship with Sirius Black?" Harry scratched the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with the girl, for he knew, the moment he looked into those innocent pools of blue he wouldn't be able to look away, fearful that he would once again be swept away into the endless depths cerulean.

"Harry why would I know a mass murderer. Besides isn't he British? I grew up in France." Diana deadpanned.

"It's just- what's your last name Diana?" Harry asked, his voice wavering under Diana's icy gaze, her glare so cold it could have given the harsh Scotland winter a run for its money.

"Dupont Harry, my last name is Dupont. I thought you would have known that by now, but apparently not." Diana spat, ignoring the way her heart twinged. Did he really not remember her last name? Had she just not meant that much to him?

"Erm alright then, so your dad isn't-" He was interrupted.

"Sirius Black? No Harry, my dad is Charles Dupont, and if you payed attention to anything or anyone besides your self then you would know that, or were you too busy worrying about the way your eyes glistened with the ghost of your past?" Diana blinked back her angry tears.

Don't cry, Don't cry, Don't cry, Diana Marie Dupont Don't you dare cry.

"Ana I..." Harry began.

"I think you should go,' Ben cut in, steering Diana away from the boy, 'You've done enough." He shot Harry a dirty look, before walking away, Diana still tucked under his arm.

"Conversation didn't go to well then?" Ron asked, as Harry walked or trudged back through the snow towards his best friends.

"I don't want to talk about it." Harry grumbled.

"Harry I told you it wasn't going to go well!" Hermione cut in, sending Harry a pointed look.

"Whatever 'Mione, let's just go and see if we can find Sirius."

ˑ༄ؘ ؘ۪۪۫۫

"Harry, Ron, are you absolutely certain the map said that Sirius was here?" Hermione asked, trudging through the snow looking around for a familiar shaggy dog.

"We're certain 'Mione." Ron said, clearly exasperated.

"We've been looking for over an hour, and it's getting late we should start heading back to the castle." Hermione told the two boys.

"But Hermione, Sirius is here! The map doesn't lie!" Harry said, only just managing to refrain from raising his voice at the girl, his temper on the verge of making an appearance.