She was so bored of Isiah's usual conversation which almost always included a dozen questions about how she felt, what she felt like and whether she was eating or sleeping.

"Tired" Ailbhe admitted, smiling slightly as she shrugged. It had been a long few weeks and an even longer day somehow.

Jade could see it in her friend's eyes, in her slumped shoulders and pale skin. She was exhausted. And she needed rest. She told Ailbhe to go home and get some proper rest, that she could call again some other night and she promised to open the door this time.

Ailbhe found herself at the betting shop door on Watery Lane, not wanting to go into her own bed alone. She just wanted to see Finn, remind herself that there were good parts of their life. She couldn't get Mickey out of her head, the blood and the crying, Michael's threats and tempting about New York, Barney and the plan that seemed more and more doomed every time she thought of it. Her head felt practically heavy at the thought of it all.

She let herself in through the betting shop door and had hoped to go straight up to bed where she hoped to find Finn but the lights were still on in the office so she headed towards the door marked with Finn's name.

It used to be John's office, marked with gold lettering. But Finn had taken off John's name and mounted it on the wall inside under a photo of his brother. Having the name on the door felt too much pressure whereas John watching over him felt a little better. Ailbhe found it a little creepy sometimes, especially when Finn was lifting her up onto the desk and she felt like John was practically watching. 

Ailbhe had scolded John and Esme countless times for having sex in the offices but Ailbhe was guilty of it herself now more times than she could count. 

Finn was sitting at the desk, his head down. Pen in one hand, cigarette in the other. He looked deep in thought and conflicted, his frown looking like a permanent fixture. But Ailbhe knew it wasn't.

He looked up when he saw movement at the door and was glad to see her. He had been thinking about her as always and was relieved to see she looked okay. Mickey had been shot dead in front of her and she stood before him just looking tired and yet utterly perfect.

She didn't wait for an invitation, closing the distance between him and taking the hand he stretched out to her and pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her. The deep exhale and how she nestled in against him made Finn feel his heart swelling in his chest.

"You alright?" He checked, knowing how rare it was for Ailbhe to be so quiet and dejected. She just looked utterly exhausted.

She nodded against him, her face nestled in the crook of the neck inhaling the smell of smoke and whiskey and cologne that made up Finn's scent.

He rubbed his hand up and down her back, feeling her start to loosen up. He could practically see the cogs turning in her head when she came in first. Her head seemed to be at capacity and Finn knew that he could help her the way she helped him every day without even realising it. If that was what they did for each other, that would be enough every day.

"Michael wants us to go with him, Alv" Finn broke the silence, feeling her tense in his arms at his words.

"He's drawing the lines... making sure we all pick sides" She stated, seeing what Michael was doing today.

He was getting ready, pushing divides between the family and wanting a split, wanting people on his side when they started to fight. But that was Michael's real plan, to not have a fight at all. He wanted Tommy to be left aside, to be told by the others that it was better with Michael in charge, that it was time for Tommy to retire and give up, to let someone else take over. Michael knew if it came down to a real fight, he didn't stand a chance.

Michael wanted Polly, and therefore Aberama. He wanted Finn since he thought Finn could be easy to sway since he was sick of being treated like a kid. Finn wouldn't go anywhere without Ailbhe and if Finn got Ailbhe to turn on Tommy then maybe Liam and Niall would start switching sides too. If Liam's wish got granted and Ada became his wife, that would only leave Arthur and Tommy offside. Arthur was weak-minded in Michael's eyes and if he saw Niall changing sides, Ailbhe changing sides, Polly and Finn and Ailbhe standing against him, he might start to doubt.