Comely

"Sometimes I don't have to look like a clown to be one."I sighed staring at her who just kept glaring at me.

"Like I said, it's your fault I don't have friends and people don't like me. It's your fault my boyfriend broke up with me."She said and walked away.

I remember those times where they made me drown. I was tied in knots and ropes all over my body while being taken by dark shadows. I didn't think anything bad would happen but it did. Yet it showed me who I was through the mirror. It felt like those days were just yesterday when they came in and played games.

Now, I just play on my own rules. I follow the sidelines of my own path. Sometimes to think whether or not they did the right thing or not. It didn't matter anymore. I wanted to become my own person, if I was going to be liked by someone, I should be someone that another person would like. I should be what I wanted to be for that other person to like me. That other person of course is me, I should like myself and be myself before anyone else could love me.

"Blare? Are you almost done?"I heard my co-worker, Isla, behind those doors.

"Not yet. I'm almost done."

"Okay, I'll wait until your ready so we can go together."I smiled and looked at the mirror.

My skin was glowing through the sunlight. The mirror did show me who I was. I was already done with my dress that was slit on the side of my left leg. It was a beautiful lilac fluffy dress. My makeup was done lightly. I guess my acne was showing but it didn't matter. I was already beautiful. My lips were shimmering with lipgloss, my eyelashes curled, and especially my eyes, perfect. My face just looked absolutely gorgeous. That couldn't be me, right?

"You know you should fix your skin care routine. Get yourself done. No one is going to like you for who you are, only if you're attractive enough. You should know that by now."

That's why I like being who I am. I am no different from any other human being. Those who made me feel less of a person, who bullied me, made me cry, spread rumors, and made me feel like I was worth nothing. Showed me those wings I never had.

"Isla? Can you come in?"I asked her and she opened the door.

"Oh wow! Your dress is beautiful."I chuckled and walked to her.

"You're beautiful as well. Let's go to the party I presume."I said and she laughed walking beside me.

Walking to the party. It felt like everything drifted away. There I saw them, standing there right in front of me. They were having fun, so was I. Those who I knew back then were none of my concern. I was finally out of my cage.