Remus was in no shape to drink given the approaching moon, so him and Sirius were in their dorm, 'sleeping', leaving El and Marlene to spend the day with Peter and the birthday boy.

Once El had killed half of the bottle, the four decided to go to Hogsmeade to spend James' 18th in The Three Broomsticks.

"G'afternoon, Rosie, dearest," James greeted Madam Rosmerta as she came over to their table.

"You're two men short," she scanned over the group with her finger, "Where's Sirius and Remus?"

Peter made an awkward noise, his face turning red, "They're busy."

The table jolted when James' foot moved to kick the blonde boy opposite him.

"Ow, Potter, that was my leg!" Marlene leant down to rub the spot James had kicked.

Even though James' aim had been off, Peter received the message for the reason James had attempted to kick him and averted his gaze down to his hands.

"Well what can i get you lot?" Rosmerta asked, placing a hand on her hip.

"Did i mention its my birthday. . ?" James cracked a cheeky smile, hoping to convey his wish for free drinks.

"You get one round," she huffed and marched off to go fetch their firewhiskey for them.

James leant back triumphantly in his seat, placing an arm on the back of El's chair— something that had become habit for him.

Rosmerta returned with a tray of drinks, which they all clinked together in the centre if the table, before downing and placing their glasses back on the table almost in sync.

They remained in the pub for a few hours before James and Peter agreed to head towards the shrieking shack when the sun began to set. El and Marlene continued to drink, now having the table to themselves.

A jangling noise indicated someone had entered and El let her gaze drift to the group of familiar Slytherin students making their way to a table at the other side of the room. El craned her neck to try see them but they were now fully out of sight.

"I'm gonna go piss," El said, standing up and heading in the direction the Slytherins had walked.

As she got closer, the mumbling of their conversation turned into coherent words, "They have a group. Dumbledore has been gathering people, the dark lord is sure of it," the voice was female, one that was unfamiliar to Eleanor . "You need to find out who they are and get rid if them."

El stood round the corner from their booth, only able to see the tops of four heads, three with dark hair, and one with platinum.

"And how do we do that?" another voice drawled, this one was easily recognisable as Snape (whose hair was now back to its normal colour). She gritted her teeth, of course he was there.

"Start with Gryffindors, they will all be doing Dumbledores bidding," the blonde that was clearly Malfoy spoke that time, causing the clench in El's jaw to tighten.

"I need you three to relay this task to whoever you have recruited," the female instructed, her face still blocked from El's view. "You know the plan for-" her words turned to a whisper that was too quiet for El to hear.

"Do not disappoint, is that clear?" the woman asked, receiving nods from all except one, "Regulus?" she waited for him to also nod.

All the noise in the room seemed to stop, as if someone had just unplugged a speaker.

Regulus

El knew he was friends with Snape and Malfoy, and she knew his family were involved with the you-know-who, but the thought of Regulus being a death eater himself made bile rise in Eleanors throat.