Ze Interruption

I freeze as I reach the front of the crowd.
Lo and behold.
There's Junior...
But he's chillin with two random guys...
Before I even have time to process the situation, I grab Junior by his invisible hand and scream, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" That's when he creates the most eerie sound I have ever heard of a child's mouth, the sound waves almost physically throwing me back. The bewildered crowd steps back and stares at me strangely and the two "beggars" stop and look.
Out of breath and full of steam, I finally take look around and realize that these are just some dudes simply playing instruments for cash...
Through hard breathes, I look at Junior and say, "Ohh. Ohhh Junior why didn't you just tell me you wanted to watch the guys play?"
Junior doesn't budge, acting as if I'm a stranger to him, stubbornly going back to sit with the guys.
I look back to see the people, frustrated at me interrupting the music and concerned at how I came out of nowhere trying to grab a child that isn't even mine, and before I can explain, a police carrot handcuffs my invisible hands. "Wait.. why are you handcuffing me?" The carrot looks annoyed and replies, "You know exactly why buddy. For tryna kidnap this here asparagus."
I look at Junior, mouth gaping.
"Junior pleaseee. You're making me look like a kidnapper... bro and your dad gon be so mad at me.. can you at least stop acting like you don't know me?"
He looks away and rolls his eyes. The police starts tugging me away.
"I'll get you candy..."
He looks back and brightens up mischievously, saying "Oooh I almost didn't recognize you! Hi y/n!"
I turn to the police carrot and say, "See? He's with me."
"Well that's not creepy or suspicious at all!" The police says as he unlocks the handcuffs and takes them off my wrists. "You're free to go bud."
Exasperated, I go grab Juniors hand and sit down as the musicians and the people mumble to each other. To them, the interruption made whatever musical moment they had been enjoying before quite unredeemable. "Candy?" Junior whispers in my ear. "Wait." I say abruptly. I try not to show my frustration and just let myself cool down before I do something I'll regret-
The people continue glancing as us strangely but I ignore it.
Once I've let off enough steam to not smush the child, I start talking.
"Junior, this isn't a joke. You don't do that, you don't run away without an adult, you don't make your caretaker look suspicious af (as fritos)... In just the last hour, I've seen my life flash before my eyes too many times."
"Sorry y/n. I just wanted to listen to the band."
I look up and watch as the cucumber zips up his tuba case and the tomato starts to pour the cash from the bucket into his bag.
They continue giving me side glances, and I decide to go apologize to them for bringing an end to their moneymaking endeavor. I grab Junior and place him in an abandoned electric cart in a nearby aisle. "Go get all the candy you want, but stay in the cart."
"Thanks y/n!" He says as he presses the buttons and zooms away into the sweets area.
I walk up to the tomato and the cucumber and stand in front of them hands crossed.
The tomato speaks up saying "do you need something?"
I reply. "I mean I'm here to say I'm sorry for interrupting.." I think for a second and reword my argument. "Actually, I want you to know that I'm a bit frustrated by the fact that y'all practically adopted the kid I'm babysitting and almost had me a heart attack..."
"soRry," the cucumber squeaks, slinging his tuba case over his nonexistent shoulders.
"It's no biggie."
There was a silence.
"So um yeah, gotta go make sure this kid hasn't gotten with some other random guys, ya know what I'm saying haha.." Before I turn to walk away, the tomato clears his throat and says "wait.. you look a bit... familiar.."
"Hmm?" I say, already tired of interacting with these knuckleheads.
I look at the two of them for a moment before it finally clicks.
Hollllddd uppp....
The tomato tilts his head to the side questionably. "Y/n.. right?"