Part 2

Mina woke up, confused and disoriented. She blinked, trying to chase the sleep away from her eyes and paid attention to the sudden noise that had startled her.

"Ice cream chillin chilling ice cream chilling." Nayeon was singing in her sleep.

Mina gently unwrapped a warm hand that was thrown against her middle and moved Nayeon to the side. She muffled a laughter behind her hand as she gave her a sweeping glance.

The older girl had kicked off the covers in her sleep and was shivering slightly as the cool summer breeze blew into the room through the open window. She recalled the time Nayeon sang Fire because she was feeling hot. She pulled the quilt back over their bodies, making sure Nayeon was covered properly to keep warm and laid back against the bed.

When the older girl's hand wrapped around her waist again, she didn't bother removing it. It was pointless, Nayeon was a cuddle monster. She had survived two years of waking up many mornings completely wrapped up in the older girl's arms when they were roommates. Surviving two days shouldn't be a problem.

"Minayah. Yaaahh. Minayahhhh!!" Someone was shaking her.

"Yah yahh yahh Minayah!!" A voice hollered. "Wake up!"

Mina decided she wouldn't survive two seconds if her ears were going to be butchered with so much squealing energy early in the morning.

She rubbed her eyes, blinking them open to find Nayeon hovering over her with the eagerness and excitement of a kid on a Christmas morning. "What is it?" She grumbled sleepily and rolled around to face the wall.

"Wake up." Nayeon gently grabbed her arm and rolling her back again. Mina stared at the ceiling wondering why the universe was against her, why it couldn't have been Momo or Jeongyeon or any of the other members who walked in while she was lying to her mother instead of this hyperactive bunny.

A sideward glance to the bedside table told her it was six in the morning. She was on a god damn holiday, she wasn't planning on waking up before nine.

"Nayeon-chan," She turned to her side, and buried her face in the pillow, "I want to sleep. Go play in the backyard with Ray or something."

The next time Mina woke up, the sun was on her face and her bed was empty and cold. She stretched languidly and made her way to the bathroom to have a quick shower. When she went downstairs, the house was oddly quiet except for the sound of Ray barking excitedly in the backyard.

She found Nayeon playing fetch with Ray. She was wearing a ripped baggy jeans with a bright yellow hoodie, the smile on her face just as bright. Walking further towards her, Mina asked, "Where is everyone?"

Nayeon grabbed the tennis ball and threw it to a small distance, her eyes shining with childlike glee as Ray chased after it again. "Your parents went out just as I came down." She cocked her head towards Mina, a lopsided smile on her lips. "Some last minute shopping for the party I guess."

"We should head out too." Mina said distractedly, her lips curving up when Ray came to sit by her feet. "Mum sent a text. She wants us to pick up some flowers, get dad's suit from the cleaners and drop something off at auntie's house."

"So hurry up and get dressed." She insisted to the older girl, "We have to be back before lunch."

She walked into the house without waiting for a response and fixed herself a quick breakfast of cereals and coffee. Her eyes skimmed through the texts on her phone, and she replied to the ones from the girls quickly.

After answering all the important texts, she took a sip from her coffee that had already turned cold. She put it down, her face scrunching in disgust at how awful it tasted when cold. She could always pick up another one on the way to the florist.