1

[Note] My first language is not English, so I am sorry for any typos or misused word. Furthermore I don't have any self experience with eating disorder, I do apologise in case something is not realistic. Enjoy reading:) [End] 

Renjun was scared when the cab stopped right in front of the huge house. It hasn't been long since he thought everything was fine. Well, he's fat, obviously, but they try to prove him wrong. 3 weeks ago, he collapsed on his way to college. Someone called an ambulance, the doctors diagnosed him with an eating disorder and since he's an adult now, he had to come to this clinic. He stared at the turquoise sign right above the entrance. Renjuns stomach was rumbling, he felt like throwing up, wanting to run away. But he went inside anyway, leaving his luggage right where the cab driver put them on the street. The hallway looked like the facade, everything was bright, but it didn't look new nor inviting. If he had to draw a picture for the sentence "this is not your home, but try to endure it", it would have looked exactly like this hallway.

A friendly smiling lady greeted him and called someone to pick him up.

"Sorry, are you Huang Renjun? My name is Johnny. I would like to introduce you to our concept and show you around. Afterwards I'll show you your room. Would that be ok for you?"

Renjun nodded slightly.

"Where are your bags?"

"I left them outside "

"No problem, I'll go get them and place them in the room over there, until we're done."

With that he left Renjun, who stood around unsure what to do. He looked around. A couple of old people sitting on sofas in the corner were knitting. A few middle aged women were drinking coffee on the other side. "Am I the only young person here?" Renjun wondered. It didn't take Johnny long to get back and they went to a small room on the second floor.

"Did you have a good journey?"

Renjun was unable to speak, so he just nodded.

"That's good to hear. As I already said, my name is Johnny and I'm part of the Co-therapy team. We are similar to nurses in hospitals, but instead of changing bandages and such stuff, we always have an open ear for you and help you get along with the therapy. That's why we're called co-therapists. Could you please explain why you're here?"

Renjun was confused "did the hospital not tell you?"

"Yes, they did, but I would like to hear it in your words."

The boy needed a minute to sort his thoughts. He took a deep breath before he started to tell his story. "Like 8 months ago, I started feeling weird. I couldn't properly sleep and was not hungry anymore. Sometimes, when I only ate a little, I had the urge to throw up. I also started exercising. But three weeks ago, I collapsed on my way to college and someone called an ambulance. The doctor said, it was because I ate to less. I have been in hospital since then, even my bags have been packed by my brother Chenle."

"How much do you usually eat, Renjun?"

"I try to eat some fruit in the morning, but I can't really eat early mornings. Sometimes I eat lunch, but I almost always skip dinner."

"Thank you, this will be really helpful for your therapist, Qian Kun, you are going to meet him later. Let me just check your schedule... ah yeah, right after lunch at 1 o'clock is the appointment with your body doctor and at 3 pm you're going to meet Mr. Qian.

Since you're part of the eating disorder group, you have to eat together with your group members and one of the co-therapists. You are not allowed to skip a meal, alright? But later on you will meet your group and they will explain everything. Would you like me to show you around the clinic now?"