chapter four-teen

Start from the beginning

jisung was left speechless, he didn't know what to say back. he was meeting minho's mom and he didn't exactly want to make a fool out of himself.

"anyways sweetie, is minho here? i was hoping to run into him." soo-ah smiled, looking around for any sign of minho.

"oh, he's at work right now.. i can call him if you'd like?"

"oh no, i don't want to bug him while he's at work. i'll just wait!" she walked into the kitchen, beginning to pull things out of cabinets. "let's make some food to pass by time!"

"o-okay!" jisung said excitedly, beginning to walk over and help make food.

1:40pm

"and when he fell off the counter, he didn't even cry! he just got up from the floor and said, 'mommy did you see that!' it was so cute! he's always been extremely independent and i don't think i've ever seen that little boy cry. well besides when he was a baby; but once he turned two, we never saw him cry again." soo-ah was telling jisung stories from minho's childhood.

they had finished cooking and eating awhile ago, but they had none stop conversations throughout the whole period. jisung instantly felt comfortable around soo-ah, almost like she was his second mother.

"now jisung, tell me about you! i want to know everything." soo-ah smiled kindly, crossing her hands over the counter top.

"oh well.. there's not much to it." jisung laughed nervously, playing with minho's hoodie strings. "i grew up in a small town outside of seoul.. i moved here with my friend felix right out of high school and we are both attending the college here, but since i got a job, i'm doing classes from home." jisung explained quickly, not wanting to get into it.

"that wasn't vague at all." soo-ah laughed, expressing her sarcasm clearly, "come on, tell me more!"

jisung thought for a second, not really wanting to talk about his past. it wasn't something he was proud about, and he felt completely embarrassed by it. he wasn't a bad kid or did anything sketchy, but he went threw things that made him feel ashamed of who he was as a person.

before jisung could speak any other word, he was cut off by the front door opening and closing. saved by the bell.. or door?

"jisung? baby? are you here?" he heard minho's voice call out from the door way. ahh.. saved by minho!

"yeah! in the kitchen!" jisung yelled back, feeling relived that minho had showed up perfectly on time.

and a few seconds later, minho popped his head in to the kitchen smiling towards his boyfriend, not even noticing his mother was there. jisung smiled back and ran up to minho, giving him a big hug and leaving a small peck on his cheek, "what are you doing here?"

"work was boring without you, so i came home early." minho planted a small kiss on top of the smaller head. and was about to go in for the lips but jisung pulled away.

"minho, we have company." he whispered for the older to hear.

that's when minho looked up with a confused expression and finally saw his mother sitting at the counter with a huge smile. "mom? why are you here?"

"i wanted to see my son, is there something wrong with that?" she teased, standing from her seat to give her son a hug.

minho came off as annoyed but he was actually really glad to see his mother, he always loved visiting with her. he made his way to his mother and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "of course not, you know you're always welcome here.. it'd just be better if you'd let me know ahead of time."